Possible HPV is there treatment

totally agree.

plus, if you have got warts you will need prescription treatments from the GUM clinic or possibly to have them frozen off with liquid nitrogen.

this could require repeat treatments, they can come back and you need to consider your sexual history (and future!)

once you have the HPV virus, you have it forever and they could come back at anytime.

I am afraid you are wrong. Once you get the HPV virus it isnt there forever, it goes on its own. This is what the hospital told me. So dont go scaring everyone with false information.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:24 ----------

Hi all I have noticed a few warty looking things on the head of my penis, mainly on the bottom, I'm rather embarrassed about them to be honest and I've had a look on the Internet and the closest I could find is that it looks like I have HPV.

Is there any cream or anything i could purchase as I've had them now for 2-4 weeks, I've had a look on the Internet and these are a few I've found.

Salicylic acid. Over-the-counter treatments that contain salicylic acid work by removing layers of a wart a little bit at a time. Don't use these products for genital warts, as they will cause severe irritation.

Imiquimod (Aldara, Zyclara). This prescription cream may enhance your immune system's ability to fight HPV.

Podofilox (Condylox). Another type of prescription cream, podofilox works by destroying genital wart tissue.

Trichloroacetic acid. This chemical treatment burns off genital warts.

If anyone else knows of any treatment please let me no also how long this may last and if it goes away on its own

Thanks

no there is no treatment for HPV. You need to go to the doctors and get diagnosed as you cannot self diagnose things like that. And in future use condoms.

The worrying thing about HPV is that it can lead to much worse things.

Weather you choose to go to your GP or GUM clinic it will be nothing theyve not seen before. Is it really worth leaving and risking the possible consequences because youre a bit embarrassed?

Could be herpes. They also look like little warts or pimples, that weep a little. Then they go away. Otherwise you have genital warts which is a little more serious if untreated.

If herpes simplex, thats nothing to worry about. Millions of people have herpes and it doesnt bother them. It only poses a problem if you have an outbreak and outbreak consistently. You shouldnt have unprotected sex with an outbreak.

Wart virus? Sure there's a cure! Silly bugger, your doc has seen it all before believe me! Very common complaint but if you want no-one to know? Why not visit UTI at Hallamshire. Good luck luv, its not serious but could spread to partner. If a she? Maybe higher risk of cirvical cancer if exposed to the wart virus x

Wart virus? Sure there's a cure! Silly bugger, your doc has seen it all before believe me! Very common complaint but if you want no-one to know? Why not visit UTI at Hallamshire. Good luck luv, its not serious but could spread to partner. If a she? Maybe higher risk of cirvical cancer if exposed to the wart virus x

theres a cure to warts but not to HPV

dont really know what hpv is. Herpes is by far the most common STD. I reckon the lads got that.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:51 ----------

why dont you post a close up pic of the skin area?

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:51 ----------

Infact scrub that, probably not a good idea if its on the helmet! ha ha.

HPV is human pappiloma virus. Wart virus. different strains effect different bits of the body. If my memory serves me correctly 7,11, 16 & 18 are the ones associated with genital area and can be a pre cursor to cervical, vulval, penile and anal precancerous and cancer changes.

Go to G U med clinic and have them treated.

Well I've never needed to go before always used protection apart from the odd occasion, I really don't think I could go and see someone about it as I'm very embarrassed and feel ashamed

Trust someone who has had to get his tackle out for the doc more times than I care to remember.

At first you go bright red and get all embarassed, but then you realise two things:

1) They are a doctor. They are a professional, and have seen thousands of genitals, and worse.

2) Every male has a penis. If you see a male doctor then he will have one too.

With these two things in mind, why be embarassed?

Really don't self-diagnose on the internet. I know a female who recently self diagnosed breast cancer on the internet, and eventually went to the doctor only to find out it was a cyst (spelling??) and it was drained in about 5 minutes. Easy.

Having said that, from the description you have given, I may have the same thing. My doc assures me that they were simply retention cyst's that could be removed if they bothered me that much.

Well I've never needed to go before always used protection apart from the odd occasion, I really don't think I could go and see someone about it as I'm very embarrassed and feel ashamed

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Just found this :) could be what I'm looking for

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Genital_warts/Pages/Treatment.aspx

I think there's a sexual health clinic in sheffield where you can go and get advice, that's completely anonymous: you won't be seeing a doctor who knows you, and I don't think it goes on your medical records. And it's NHS (free).

I am afraid you are wrong. Once you get the HPV virus it isnt there forever, it goes on its own. This is what the hospital told me. So dont go scaring everyone with false information.

my mistake, and im glad to hear that i am wrong. :)

i always believed that once you carried the genital wart virus that was it for keeps and that you could keep having outbreaks at any time...and it was only the warts that could be treated not the virus itself.

either way...the OP needs to get to the GUM clinic at the hallamshire and get himself checked out ASAP

there is a sexual health clinic at mulberry street, but as far as im aware they offer contraception, smears and limited sti screening...so rather than having to feel embarrassed, just get straight to the GUM clinic.

x

Archived