Sheffield Forum bullies

I know it's been mentioned on a couple of Threads within Sheffield Forum but I'd like to know what gives some people the right to tare people down with regards to their comments.

I've been frequenting Sheffield Forum for awhile now and every other time I post a comment somebody jumps on it like a pack animal, trying to belittle me and make me look stupid. The most common pull up on Sheffield Forum is spelling lol, make a spelling mistake and that's it somebody's pulling you over it. I recently added my opinion to a thread about children throwing stones at cars and now the entire point has been lost in favour of some joke(s) trying their best to make me look stupid. My spellings not the greatest my grammer and the use of the written language is crap. But does that mean I don't have a right to an opinion. If that's the case, why stop there let's stop disabled people from commenting or even troll Black or Asian people after all its discrimination still. Also I'd like to know what the moderators are doing (if anything at all) about these Sheffield Forum trolls. When it's clear what they're doing suspend their accounts regardless of how long they've been a member.

Don't let the keyboard warriors upset you and put you off posting. I sometimes find the correct grammar makes people look at little too self-important.

Not all of us could attend University!! :roll:

Don't let the keyboard warriors upset you and put you off posting. I sometimes find the correct grammar makes people look at little too self-important.

Not all of us could attend University!! :roll:

... and those that did are far from perfect all the time!

Have a good giggle at them and don't take things so seriously. :)

Mod Note

The moderation team deal with reported posts, if a post breaks the forum rules, such as it's an attack on the person rather than the point they are making then report it and it will be dealt with.

However this is a large forum and if no one reports such a post it is unlikely the moderation team will see it.

If you have any further queries regarding moderation please contact the Helpdesk.

I know it's been mentioned on a couple of Threads within Sheffield Forum but I'd like to know what gives some people the right to tare people down with regards to their comments.

I've been frequenting Sheffield Forum for awhile now and every other time I post a comment somebody jumps on it like a pack animal, trying to belittle me and make me look stupid. The most common pull up on Sheffield Forum is spelling lol, make a spelling mistake and that's it somebody's pulling you over it. I recently added my opinion to a thread about children throwing stones at cars and now the entire point has been lost in favour of some joke(s) trying their best to make me look stupid. My spellings not the greatest my grammer and the use of the written language is crap. But does that mean I don't have a right to an opinion. If that's the case, why stop there let's stop disabled people from commenting or even troll Black or Asian people after all its discrimination still. Also I'd like to know what the moderators are doing (if anything at all) about these Sheffield Forum trolls. When it's clear what they're doing suspend their accounts regardless of how long they've been a member.

Don't take it to heart, they do it to a lot of people. It's just the Sheffield Forum way. This is the only forum I know where you can ask a reasonable question and the whole thread turn into a mass of arguments - sometimes it can be quite funny.

Why is it wrong to correct someones grammar or spelling?

(Even i have my spelling corrected by posters on occasion and even by the those with the power).

It is wrong to ridicule someone or make jokes at their expense.

Archived