Sheffield Forum bullies

I know it's been mentioned on a couple of Threads within Sheffield Forum but I'd like to know what gives some people the right to tare people down with regards to their comments.

Is this because of your posts in the thread about kids throwing stones at cars?

I don't know who I'd blame first, the kids that are throwing the stones, or the government for axing youth clubs etc. Maybe we should throw them on a bus drive them to David Cameron's house and let them throw stones at that scumbags car as he pulls off his drive. Ironically in his over priced car, paid for by the money he's saved axing the youth clubs.

If you can't prove your statements, expect to get criticised.

Being told where you make mistakes is not bullying, its how we learn we have made a mistake in the first place and how children learn in school and at home.

Getting annoyed about it is just arrogance and refusing to learn is use the tools we have at hand these days is pure laziness. If you don't understand how to spell a word, type it into Microsoft Word. If you don't have that software, Google it, you will usually find the correct spelling. Google Chrome has a built in spell check too, so you can see your mistakes as you make them on sites like this.

It's not so much what people say but how it's said. Always give as good as you get and then some.

Then look at me, it's always the same people that jump on everything I say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinyl View Post

I think you will find there are many folks who have very little else in their lives other than the forum. They try to make themselves look big by posting a dozen times a day and trying to make out they are the world experts on every matter. They are friends with others who have similar shallow lives and often hunt as a pack trying to belittle others.

...I'm glad others have also noticed this. )

But it seems we are not allowed to mention it.

I'm new to the forum, so not a very encouraging thread to come across first off!

Welcome!...Trust me, there are far worse ones! :hihi:

The problem, as I see it, is people hide behind their on line anonymity, and therefore 'think' they can say what they like to who they like. Some think it's a game to be played, balancing between being offensive...etc, and walking the thin line short of being banned.

Others however, are genuinely nice people who you can actively debate things with, who don't get nasty if your view is different to theirs.

Sometimes you do need a thick skin though.

Me?...I'm a moderator so everyone hates me!!! hahaha...:hihi::hihi:

Learning to write a legible sentence is one of the few thing in life that costs nothing, plus there are numerous tools to help, even as you type. Choosing to write lazily has no excuse, even if the grammar and spelling aren't perfectly correct it's something that people should strive to achieve. I've seen paragraphs on here from grown adults that my 10 year old could better.

The problem, as I see it, is people hide behind their on line anonymity, and therefore 'think' they can say what they like to who they like. Some think it's a game to be played, balancing between being offensive...etc, and walking the thin line short of being banned.

Others however, are genuinely nice people who you can actively debate things with, who don't get nasty if your view is different to theirs.

Another issues with written communication on forums, it's hard to know the tone of a post. For example, if I were to send you an helpful message saying... "you might want to check your spelling of... ", you might see that as a personal attack.

It's easy to get the wrong end of the stick at times, more so if you do not know the manner of the poster who you are dealing with.

Another issues with written communication on forums, it's hard to know the tone of a post. For example, if I were to send you an helpful message saying... "you might want to check your spelling of... ", you might see that as a personal attack.

It's easy to get the wrong end of the stick at times, more so if you do not know the manner of the poster who you are dealing with.

Yes you're quite right....How many of us has sent a text message on a phone, only to find the person you sent it to has misunderstood your meaning. I know I have. I daresay some of my posts on here have also been taken the wrong way too. It's just the nature of the beast....written text.

I don't tend to bother too much about spelling or typo's (which is different). I know that people's command of the English language varies hugely. Indeed many forum member may not have English as a first language. Text speak however, I do have an issue with (apart from it being contrary to forum rules anyway).

Now here's a post I totally agree with!

(What do you mean "even the last bit"?) :D

Archived