Sheffield Forum bullies

if yuo cna undretsnd ths yuoll knxw that splleng isnt so imprtnt rlly

If you are wanting to be understood it is. Dyslexics, those using translation software, and those using screen reading for the blind have no idea what you just said.

On the contrary, I understand that perfectly well and rarely notice spelling mistakes.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:06 ----------

In an age where access to dictionaries and spell checks is better than ever before, is there really any excuse when it comes to spelling errors? Yes, some people find spelling difficult, but how difficult is it to check a spelling before hitting the send button.

To me, pointing out spelling errors is more an act of pedantry than bullying. Yes, incorrect spelling is one of my little annoyances, but I would never feel the need to point it out to a poster, unless as earlier in the thread, I was joking.

Sadly spell checkers only tell you if a word is spelt correctly and not that you wrote the wrong word which I often do.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:09 ----------

Being told where you make mistakes is not bullying, its how we learn we have made a mistake in the first place and how children learn in school and at home.

Getting annoyed about it is just arrogance and refusing to learn is use the tools we have at hand these days is pure laziness. If you don't understand how to spell a word, type it into Microsoft Word. If you don't have that software, Google it, you will usually find the correct spelling. Google Chrome has a built in spell check too, so you can see your mistakes as you make them on sites like this.

That rather depends on how you are told.

i agree with this thread as I was once posted something and some bright spark decided to take me task about grammer, the only trouble was their grammar was terrible.

and as I pointed out I use the forum like text, not as if I was taking and English exam, sometimes peoples fingers slip onto the wrong key, easy done.

as I actually do posses |A level English was not too worried about it.

and as someone before me said as long as you can understand what the post is relating to it should not matter

Archived