Sheffield Forum bullies

Serious question to anyone who cares to answer it.

If you made a grammatical or spelling error in one of your posts and someone sent you a PM and pointed it out to assist you, would you be offended and annoyed or would you think that it was someone who was kind trying to help. I would think the latter as I could learn from my mistakes, but people are different.

If you made a grammatical or spelling error in one of your posts and someone sent you a PM and pointed it out to assist you, would you be offended and annoyed or would you think that it was someone who was kind trying to help. I would think the latter as I could learn from my mistakes, but people are different.

I think pm'ing is going a little too far personally.

I don't see why people get upset by their errors being pointed out. If you're wrong, you're wrong. Learn from it. If you can't be bothered to improve your grammar or spelling then just ignore the post.

I suppose that it's just human nature that we don't like to be corrected by others. :|

I know it's been mentioned on a couple of Threads within Sheffield Forum but I'd like to know what gives some people the right to tare people down with regards to their comments.

I've been frequenting Sheffield Forum for awhile now and every other time I post a comment somebody jumps on it like a pack animal, trying to belittle me and make me look stupid. The most common pull up on Sheffield Forum is spelling lol, make a spelling mistake and that's it somebody's pulling you over it. I recently added my opinion to a thread about children throwing stones at cars and now the entire point has been lost in favour of some joke(s) trying their best to make me look stupid. My spellings not the greatest my grammer and the use of the written language is crap. But does that mean I don't have a right to an opinion. If that's the case, why stop there let's stop disabled people from commenting or even troll Black or Asian people after all its discrimination still. Also I'd like to know what the moderators are doing (if anything at all) about these Sheffield Forum trolls. When it's clear what they're doing suspend their accounts regardless of how long they've been a member.

There are bullies in all walks of life, however most of them seem to post here at some time or another.

You should read some of the crap ive got via pm since i mentioned my lottery win.

"Why dont you give it to charity?"

"Why dont you do something positive with your ill gotten gains?"

"Why dont you kill yourself and leave it to the cats home?"

Seriously, just laugh at the saddos and ignore them.

They are truly pathetic creatures.

There are bullies in all walks of life, however most of them seem to post here at some time or another.

You should read some of the crap ive got via pm since i mentioned my lottery win.

"Why dont you give it to charity?"

"Why dont you do something positive with your ill gotten gains?"

"Why dont you kill yourself and leave it to the cats home?"

Seriously, just laugh at the saddos and ignore them.

They are truly pathetic creatures.

That's a lot of grief for a tenner! ;)

I don't see why people get upset by their errors being pointed out. If you're wrong, you're wrong. Learn from it. If you can't be bothered to improve your grammar or spelling then just ignore the post.

I suppose that it's just human nature that we don't like to be corrected by others. :|

"Personally I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught"...................Winston Churchill:cool:

We have increasing numbers of children growing up without getting used to being told "No!".

Yes. There are bullies that are scum, but there also some incredibly thin-skinned posters around that cry at the first sign of contradiction.

If you post nonsense .. you should expect that someone may tell you so.

If you post intelligibly, don't know your Stork from Butter etc. how else do you expect to learn?

You post what you feel or think ... Hey. Someone else may think differently.

At the end of the day... it is only the internet. You have no idea who is at the other end.

As they say ... "It comes with the territory".

Archived