EE Store Closures

Since Tmobile and Orange have merged there is no real need for both to appear on the high street in the same town. These will probably just be closing the duplicated stores.

I'm sure I've seen 2 EE stores on Faragte, so as you have pointed out, the stores to close will most likely be duplicate stores on the same High St.

I'm sure I've seen 2 EE stores on Faragte, so as you have pointed out, the stores to close will most likely be duplicate stores on the same High St.

You are correct:- There are 2 EE stores on Fargate, the one nearer to LUSH was the orange store, and the one a couple of doors further down, near "Office" was the T-Mobile shop.

I was pootling through l**ds the other day, and there's two EE shops on one of the main shopping streets there, too, within a couple of doors of each other.

It does seem nonsensical to have two branches, pretty much next door but one to each other. It's not so good for the staff who are potentially going to be made redundant, as a result of the merger, though.

makes me laugh tho, talk about throwing money to the cows both shops in question on fargate have been re decorated in ee colours but now decide to close some of the shops on the same roads,

wouldnt it have been wiser to close some of the shops prior to redecoration ?

When my battery blew on my (less than 2 yr old) HTC I went round every phone shop on fargate to buy a new one (including EE's shops who I'm on contract with), none of them either stocked them or offered to order one. Ended up getting one from the independent shop down chapel walk. What's the point of having physical shops if you don't stock aftermarket spares which people might want in a hurry?

They only exist to sell phones and contracts - carrying spare parts is costly, and would make very little money, so they are not interested.

They would rather sell you a new handset or get you take out a second contract!

makes me laugh tho, talk about throwing money to the cows both shops in question on fargate have been re decorated in ee colours but now decide to close some of the shops on the same roads,

wouldnt it have been wiser to close some of the shops prior to redecoration ?

Excellent point. On Church Street in Liverpool (a bit like Fargate) we have a "phone corner" - on one side there are two Phones4U shops next door but one to each other. On the other side there's an EE, a Maplin then another EE.

Archived