Who can I contact to take two radiators off wall?

I live in Sharrow and need to have two radiators taken off wall for a while so I can decorate etc. Could someone advice me on who to get intouch with? Thanks

If you live in flats it might be worth warning those for a couple of floors below that it might get a bit damp.

hi

straight forward job, have you a combi boiler

Boiler is a pressurized system, it warms the water for taps as i use it etc, I can't remember the make untill I get home.

I don't want to drown my neighbours! How straight forward is it?

Boiler is a pressurized system, it warms the water for taps as i use it etc, I can't remember the make untill I get home.

I don't want to drown my neighbours! How straight forward is it?

Turn off both valves

Release nuts on both sides

Invert radiator and dispose of contents.

keep old towel or rag handy

best done with two people as a full radiator is very heavy,

turn valves off at each side of radiator off , turning clockwise,

put some pans or dishes underneath each valve , make sure heating is turned off ,

open bleed valve at top off radiator having some kitchen roll to catch any water,

get a spanner to un tighten nut on the radiator but also holding valve not to bend pipe ,

and let it drain into containers

put some pans or dishes underneath each valve , make sure heating is turned off ,

open bleed valve at top off radiator having some kitchen roll to catch any water,

get a spanner to un tighten nut on the radiator but also holding valve not to bend pipe ,

You will need some deep containers as the bigger rads hold plenty,and kitchen tissue is not adequate-an old towel is more absorbent.Sorry to contradict you.By the way have you managed to replace your tool?

You will need some deep containers as the bigger rads hold plenty,and kitchen tissue is not adequate-an old towel is more absorbent.Sorry to contradict you.By the way have you managed to replace your tool?

spent 850.00 to replace , thanks, now looking for insurance

The nuts nearest the radiator not the ones under the valve. Another way of doing it if the radiator will lift off the brackets just half a inch you can loosen the nuts unhook the radiator and lay it down pivot it on the valves. then tighten the nuts up do your decorating behind and then refit the radiator that way nothing needs taking off draining.

Archived