Woman Slaps & kicks 4 year old child at school..

Going into school today with my child & we get to the cloak room where a woman is shouting at her child to put his effing shoes on. The child is sat down & refusing whilst crying. The woman at the top of her voice starts sing " ******* can't put his shoes on!" The threatens to paste the child around the school if he doesn't put his shoes on. The child is then slapped full pelt across the head and effed and blinded at. He stands up as as doing so stands on the mothers foot, the mothers reaction is to knock the child over & kicks the child then stamps on the childs foot & asks "how do you effing like it?". Plenty of parents saw & this & were horrified!!!

She then takes her kid into class & pulls him onto a chair by his arm so hard his bum bounces off the chair!

It's been on my mind all day. I want to report it to the right people but for some reason i'm uncomfortable doing so.

Any advice please.

Dont feel uncomfortable about reporting it.

Look at it this way, if she treats the child like that in public, think how she treats him behind closed doors !

Hi i know what you mean. Sad thing is she's expecting another child :(

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 20:37 ----------

Did any of the school staff see this happening?

The teachers came out of the class room & i think they witnessed some of it but not 100 % sure. I did hear parents complaining to them though.

The teachers came out of the class room & i think they witnessed some of it but not 100 % sure. I did hear parents complaining to them though.

In which case, check to see whether they have done anything tomorrow morning. They may well have done. That will make it more impersonal.

If not, I'd be inclined to report the incident to social services and mention that staff at the school witnessed it.

Under Safeguarding Children legislation / rules every school should have a designated person for safeguarding, this incident should have been reported to that person by the the staff even if they didn't see it ...or... by the other parents...

the designated persons name and photo should be on display either in reception or on a notice board

Do it...no child deserves that...:nono:

There isn't just one designated person for safeguarding children/adults. Go to/or if you feel uncomfortable ring the head teacher this definitely needs reporting. When I was reading the original post I felt physically sick and unnerved by this. Like my learned friends have previously stated ..... If she can do this in public view ..... What does she do behind closed doors? Poor little mite.

Archived