Are taxi apps the future?

rayggb

Have you heard of taxi apps where you can tap on your smart phone to book a taxi?.I reckon that this will spread thruought the country eventually.It has taken off in London with their black cabs.It works using gps connecting the nearest hackney cab to you.You and the driver both have to register.The driver has to verify that he is the owner(operater)of the verified vehicle Licensed by his Local

Authority.You are able to see a picture of the cabbie(badge),his number etc,and where he is on a map.As with everything in sheffield I'm sure it will be slow to take off but,Im equally sure it will get there in the end.

Have you heard of taxi apps where you can tap on your smart phone to book a taxi?.I reckon that this will spread thruought the country eventually.It has taken off in London with their black cabs.It works using gps connecting the nearest hackney cab to you.You and the driver both have to register.The driver has to verify that he is the owner(operater)of the verified vehicle Licensed by his Local

Authority.You are able to see a picture of the cabbie(badge),his number etc,and where he is on a map.As with everything in sheffield I'm sure it will be slow to take off but,Im equally sure it will get there in the end.

I will only book lady cab drivers if that's the case. Most bloke Taxi drivers scare me. It's not a good thing then.

City taxis have their own one for iPhone. Not used it yet but it looks ok

I don't have an app, but find that City store the last few places you ordered one from & if it's on list you press1. Then hey presto your cab comes with a text telling you the reg & colour.

My lad was telling us when he was home at Christmas that he uses something similar in LA. only this one is for limousines. He says the last time he flew into LAX was the thanksgiving weekend and the whole place was going mental . He used the app and the driver told him which exit to use to avoid the crush and he walked out past the cab queue ,to a huge chauffeur driven car and it costs the same as a normal cab!! The limo companies would rather their drivers be occupied than sit around waiting for an exec fare. Can't remember the name of it now but he says the service has just started up in London too.

Archived