Should we stay in the EU

Should the UK remain in the EU  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain in the EU

• Yes
    • No

We never voted to go into the EU. We voted to join the common market. The politicians then decided that the common market would become common governance.

I think they decided that bit first, didn't they?

I saw a BBC interview with Ted Heath filmed some time after he had retired in which he admitted openly that he had deliberately misled people and his goal was always to take the UK into some sort of 'United Europe'.

I think they decided that bit first, didn't they?

I saw a BBC interview with Ted Heath filmed some time after he had retired in which he admitted openly that he had deliberately misled people and his goal was always to take the UK into some sort of 'United Europe'.

If run right, is a United Europe a bad thing ? Alot of countries think its a good thing, what makes us right and them wrong ?

If run right, is a United Europe a bad thing ? Alot of countries think its a good thing, what makes us right and them wrong ?

No one as figured out a way to run a town to suit everyone, running a country to suit everyone isn't going to happen any time soon, yet we hope to run a continent to suit everyone, madness.

Interesting you mention the cheap booze thing - I read an article just before christmas on the bbc where the French are coming over here on booze cruises.

I'm really on the fence with the eu. It gives us strength as a trading block, freedom of movement, some good things like clean veaches as already mentioned, and let's not forget the longest war-free period in European history. But it's so bloated - some states appear to pick and choose rules they apply to, echr seems to happily used for far more frivolous cases than it was designed for, the whole thing seems unaccountable to anyone and it costs too much.

Totally agree with your second paragraph.

I'd welcome a vote where both sides can put forward their well balanced arguments for the public to consider.

We need to get out, ASAP.

What is your social status? if its working class then you'd curse the day we left the EU if we ever did, your working conditions would be at the mercy of the worst of the British capital class who consider the purpose of your very existence to be to ensure British industry is competative, that means low wages and crap working conditions etc.

What is your social status? if its working class then you'd curse the day we left the EU if we ever did, your working conditions would be at the mercy of the worst of the British capital class who consider the purpose of your very existence to be to ensure British industry is competative, that means low wages and crap working conditions etc.

I take it you don’t think access to millions of unemployed EU citizens keeps UK wages low?

Archived