Should we stay in the EU

Should the UK remain in the EU  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain in the EU

• Yes
    • No

Oh, I get it!

It's somebody else's fault, is it Mecky?

Cameron (or somebody we can stick with the liability) is supposed to 'find a job' (wtf?) for people who can't be bothered to get up off their arses?

Well, yes. There is indeed a shortage of jobs. There is a shortage of jobs for people who don't have 5 GCSEs (including English and Sums) at Grade C or above.

There is no shortage of jobs for people who are moderately intelligent and are prepared to work.

This is, of course, a secret! - Because when people were saying (back in the 50's and 60's) 'You need to work hard and you need to learn stuff at school" what they really meant is: "Somebody else is going to work hard and learn hard and go out and work so you can sit in your arse!

It was called 'the brain drain'

It's coming to a place near you. - Next week.

I'm just a superannuated Brit with an IQ of 154.

Why on earth would anybody want to listen to me?

Have a read of this - on the consequences of leaving.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21567914-how-britain-could-fall-out-european-union-and-what-it-would-mean-making-break

Britain would find itself as a scratchy outsider with somewhat limited access to the single market, almost no influence and few friends.

What an amazingly boring prospect. Leaving the EU without further discussion could (quite realistically) be compared to leaving the EU having read that article.

'Suicide while the balance of his mind was disturbed.'

There wasn't even an argument.

Oh, I get it!

It's somebody else's fault, is it Mecky?

Cameron (or somebody we can stick with the liability) is supposed to 'find a job' (wtf?) for people who can't be bothered to get up off their arses?

Well, yes. There is indeed a shortage of jobs. There is a shortage of jobs for people who don't have 5 GCSEs (including English and Sums) at Grade C or above.

There is no shortage of jobs for people who are moderately intelligent and are prepared to work.

This is, of course, a secret! - Because when people were saying (back in the 50's and 60's) 'You need to work hard and you need to learn stuff at school" what they really meant is: "Somebody else is going to work hard and learn hard and go out and work so you can sit in your arse!

It was called 'the brain drain'

It's coming to a place near you. - Next week.

I'm just a superannuated Brit with an IQ of 154.

Why on earth would anybody want to listen to me?

What on Earth are you talking about?

When Ted Heath gave a referendum on staying in the as was Common Market, I voted to stay in because I was voting for the free trade not for our country to be dictated to by nonentities in Brussels.(maybe I should remove 7 of the letters in nonentities)

At the moment they are set up in a EU country. The UK is a part of the EU.

If the UK was to leave the EU, how long do you think it would take them to move their factories to another EU country or countries?

Do you remember a company called General Motors (who owned a brand called Vauxhall) talking about shifting production from the UK to Germany a couple of years ago?

If the UK left the EU, how long do you think it would be before the Vauxhall plants followed?

Do you think BMW would have any difficulty in setting up production lines for the Mini in Munich?

It would depend on the deal they get from the UK,

as we import more from the EU than we export, do you think the threat of tarriffs works only one way.

When Ted Heath gave a referendum on staying in the as was Common Market, I voted to stay in because I was voting for the free trade not for our country to be dictated to by nonentities in Brussels.(maybe I should remove 7 of the letters in nonentities)

Ted Heath didn't give us a referendum. Harold Wilson did. We are not dictated to by Brussels. The European Commission existed in 1975 anyway. Since the 1975 referendum we have had several direct elections to the European Parliament. Member governments still hold the greatest influence within the EU. Without support from the governments of the 27 member states the EU wouldn't be what it is. If that weren't true then the CM/EU wouldn't have expanded from 9 members in 1975 to 27 today with others wanting to join.

It would depend on the deal they get from the UK,

as we import more from the EU than we export, do you think the threat of tarriffs works only one way.

Do the sums. Check the fígures.

Of course tarrifsa aren't a one-way street. - That's why nonß-EU firms opened their factories in the EU in the forst place.

Do you really think that Dell computers opened a major factory in Ireland because they couldn't make computers in the US?

Do you really think (nearer to home) that Honda have to make cars in Swindon because they can't make cars in Japan?

If the EU said to GM "All Opel (Vauxhall) cars made in the UK will be subject to an X% import tax but Opel (GM) cars made in Miesenbach can be imported into the EU tax free, how many cars do you think GM would make in the UK?

It's all very well to bleat about 'trade agreements' but the UK would be trashing the single biggest trade agreement by leaving the EU.

Why should the rest of the EU be interested in observing any agreement with the UK if the UK couldn't be trusted?

Trust is a two-way street. Das Merkel is not trusted at home, but (I suspect) Cameron may be more readily trusted outside the UK than at home.

If you've got worries, you could always send Mr HAGWE around for a beer or two.

I'll send him home before he embarrasses himself.

Do the sums. Check the fígures.

Of course tarrifsa aren't a one-way street. - That's why nonß-EU firms opened their factories in the EU in the forst place.

Do you really think that Dell computers opened a major factory in Ireland because they couldn't make computers in the US?

Do you really think (nearer to home) that Honda have to make cars in Swindon because they can't make cars in Japan?

If the EU said to GM "All Opel (Vauxhall) cars made in the UK will be subject to an X% import tax but Opel (GM) cars made in Miesenbach can be imported into the EU tax free, how many cars do you think GM would make in the UK?

It's all very well to bleat about 'trade agreements' but the UK would be trashing the single biggest trade agreement by leaving the EU.

Why should the rest of the EU be interested in observing any agreement with the UK if the UK couldn't be trusted?

Trust is a two-way street. Das Merkel is not trusted at home, but (I suspect) Cameron may be more readily trusted outside the UK than at home.

If you've got worries, you could always send Mr HAGWE around for a beer or two.

I'll send him home before he embarrasses himself.

So all you are saying is the EU would take their ball home,

we'll just have to call round and find another one.

Archived