Should we stay in the EU

Should the UK remain in the EU  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain in the EU

• Yes
    • No

I wonder if there was a referendum how many people would vote to leave the EU because they just dont like people across the channel.

It wouldnt be very good if the pig ignorant vote had enough percentage to sway the vote in favour of leaving the EU.

I think a recent poll showed something like 25% of the electorate would leave the EU no matter what.

I would have thought an irrational dislike of "foreigners" would be one of their main reasons.

nb for a lot of these people a "foreigner" also comes from another part of the same country / county / city / town / village.

You only have to look at the red top tabloids who still use the terms "Frog" and "Hun". I'm sure the EU would think they were better off without us.

They will be anything from £2.5 to £12 million a day worse of (depending on who you believe) And do you think French and German gutter press (I presume they have something - although probably not as bad) are particularly respectful of us ?

We need to be in to change it. And it needs changing. Or do we try and set up our own club ? Maybe where have common ground on trade and wealth, but little else.

I'd like to see an end to the Democratic Deficit (isn't going to happen)

That's for me the most important issue. Democracy is in 21st century Europe an optional extra which would be nice, but not affordable according to scum like Barrosso. How the hell did we get to this point after two bloody wars to defend it that a corrupt creature like that, who nobody ever voted for, runs the continent? And we just accept it.

Democracy was Britains and thus freed Western Europe's (and our prognecies) USP...we're rapidly losing that and we need to regain it both for ourselves and to distinguish ourselves once again in the world as leaders, not lowest common demoninator followers.

Try imagining an EU without us and Germany, where the rest of the countries like Greece and Rumania had to pay their own way.

If we left the EU and the full weight were placed on Germany, they too would be out in 5 minutes and the whole house of cards would collapse.

Lets get real. The EU & Eurozone are currently crapping themselves in case Greece pulls out.

Try imagining an EU without us and Germany, where the rest of the countries like Greece and Rumania had to pay their own way.

If we left the EU and the full weight were placed on Germany, they too would be out in 5 minutes and the whole house of cards would collapse.

Lets get real. The EU & Eurozone are currently crapping themselves in case Greece pulls out.

It looks like a house of cards alright.

The EU should be a fundamentally a trading bloc. That is really the only thing that binds every member state together, the one single thing that genuinely unites every state.

Those are the basics it needs to get back to. IMO it's as simple as that. Everything else is potentially a bolt-on, some of it good but a lot of it a waste of time.

It looks like a house of cards alright.

The EU should be a fundamentally a trading bloc. That is really the only thing that binds every member state together, the one single thing that genuinely unites every state.

Those are the basics it needs to get back to. IMO it's as simple as that. Everything else is potentially a bolt-on, some of it good but a lot of it a waste of time.

I think this is spot on and the whole of Europe would be better off if we went back to the trading bloc model. I wouldn't mind staying in the EU if we could go to EU-lite, but we'd have to persuade enough other member states to back us. I don't think that will happen which only leaves us with the option of EU exit. The EU will fight reform tooth and nail, Barroso and Van Rumpuy want to keep their jobs.

I can still remember the government hype when they originally wanted us to vote to go in the EU. Cheap booze for all. Perhaps if they had stuck to that I would have had more confidence. It's a bit like when they discovered north sea gas. One headline read,cheap gas for all. You wouldn't Adam and Eve it. As for better off in or out,at this stage I would have to say I don't know.

as for me at this stage, as we did not get anything any cheaper, the only thing that has happened since is can;t do this .can't do that ,this is going up because of EU ruling. plus the fact that it's costing £50 million + a day+ the bail outs, oh! and then their is untold ,or unknown immigrants comming here to LIVE off of our benefit system and taking up all the houseing, then their is the services everything at breaking point. it now takes 3 weeks upwards just to see a doctor, up to a year for an operation, as i'm just a plebs what more reason do you want to get out of the EU club, and when that is done start sorting the tax avoidence schemes.

Exactly, hence watch us keep being bullied daily to try to stop a referendum.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 14:13 ----------

Lets also note that the bulk of the Spanish, Greek & Irish problems are due to a banking sector out of control, corrupt politicians and greedy Elites. We are struggling to deal with ours at home, we certainly havent in any point of the last 4 years, as a European Group dealt with it together. The EU bullied Ireland to bail its banks, the Spanish & Greeks were happy to do it as their own greasy mitts were all over it.

We need out of this farce and starting dealing with our own problems here ourselves.

as for me at this stage, as we did not get anything any cheaper, the only thing that has happened since is can;t do this .can't do that ,this is going up because of EU ruling. plus the fact that it's costing £50 million + a day+

Cost seems to be going up every time we get a new post with a figure in. It was £2.5 - £12 million further up the page.

Archived