Braulio Seminar & New Gracie Barra Opening In Sheffield City Centre

Hi this is brian aiken from the world of martial arts & fitness studio in sheffield. Braulio will be holding a seminar at my studio on SUN 26th FEB 4pm-7.30

£30 for 3.5 hour session. Seating, drinks machine, lockers, changing rooms & shower facilities are available.

Brian aiken world of martial arts & fitness studio will then be affiliated with the Gracie Barra and I BRIAN AIKEN will start teaching BJJ with the training from Braulio.

Times and days will be different to John Goldsons Grace Barra at the 393 club so there won't be any classes running at the same time.

ADDRESS: BRIAN AIKEN WORLD OF MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS STUDIO, UNIT 3, 67 EARL STREET "on the juntion with Eyre Lane" SHEFFIELD S1 4PY.

Between GATECRASHER Night Club & DECATHLON Sports Store & Situated behind the LUCAS GARAGE opposite the Council Car Park.

FOR MORE INFO

CONTACT DETAILS: STUDIO No : 01142013690 MOBILE: 07859909963

20 PEOPLE MAXIMUM SO PHONE TO SAVE YOUR PLACE & WATCH THIS SPACE

If you phone my moblie, i will gladly call you back.

The Seminar will be Braulo showing basic to advanced techniques using the gi' and you with a partner will practice & learn them straight after. Near the end of the session everone will have a roll with each other to see if you pull off the techniques been shown, and also to see if you can tap the other person out.

You will get a chance to roll with him youself. I'm going to see how long it takes before he taps me out ha ha.

Hi Brian, sorry I can't be at the Braulio seminar in February I'll be working elsewhere in the city centre that day! I just have a question/concern? You say that you will be teaching BJJ after the Braulio seminar. I was wondering what is your experience in BJJ as opposed to other forms of ju jitsu and grappling? I been training with Jon at Gracie Barra for a few months. I started because someone in my traditional ju jitsu club said that 'big strong people always win on the ground'. I went to Gracie Barra to try and disprove this guy - which I've done subsequently with him on the mat - and after thrity years of training in various martial arts at forty years of age I'm learning so much and having the best time of my martial arts life (even though I get tapped all the time!). However, BJJ is also the most technical martial art I have been involved with and it's a huge step from knowing a couple of subs, passes and sweeps to the sort of in depth and comprehensive knowledge someone like Jon has. I'm not being cheeky Brian (I'm too old for that-and I'm not sticking my tongue out at you through the anonymity of the internet...My name is Noel, I work at Victoria Hall across from the Crucible and from my nick you can guess what my job is there, so Im easy to contact!!) this is a genuine enquiry and if you have the knowledge and experience of BJJ to be a teacher I will be down the road for a class.

Nice one Brian!

its about tiem you got yourself affiliated to gracie barra!

for your info madrev , brianaiken used to train with royce gracie absolutely loads when he was based at castle bba

he also trained a hell of a lot with carley gracie as well

but i will let brian aiken answer these questions himself

I would recommend anyone who is into martial arts at any level to take advantage of Braulio being in town as he is a not only a great martial artsist but a really nice guy. I hosted a seminar with him last year and he was amazing.

Good luck with the seminar and the new affiliation Brian, it will go great.

Cheers to CBBA & thanks to freedylee as i've been waiting for this for a long time. At first i was trying to get Roger Gracie before christmas but that was all up in the air, but with great links now i,ve achieved my goal.

GazB hoped you & your mate enjoyed it last night and thanks for coming to the studio. Are your bodies aching all over :gag:. ha ha well if they are the only thing to do is to do it again soon, or have a good stretch to stop that ache.:thumbsup:

Hello themadrev, well i started judo more or less the same time as ju-jitsu in '92'. my first experience with BJJ was in '98' when Carly Gracie came over & did a 2 day seminar and a few months late in sheffield ponds forge one day seminar then i was hooked. You can learn a lot from videos,UFC,and magazines. After was Royce Gracie in '2001' at Castle Black Belt Academy and went to about four seminars to Royce's seminars. Andy, Ross & I trained together when Andy came back from Royce Gracie camp in the states for a week and learned techniques from andy and improved our fighting skills. Ross and andy continued to train together as i had nothing to do with castle from 5 yrs ago. I now am catching up as i've learnt so much of other blue belts and will be taught by braulio and i will get my black belt, oh yes i will:mad:

Archived