Braulio Seminar & New Gracie Barra Opening In Sheffield City Centre

Brian,

So let me get this straight, according to Freddylee, you used to train with royce gracie "absolutely loads" and also trained "a hell of a lot" with carley gracie", you're not a blue belt, you haven't trained for 5 years, yet your teaching classes and are going to be affiliated with gracie barra ?

I'm not being funny or anything but this doesn't make sense.

How can you have trained "absolutely loads" with some of the gracies but not have a blue belt ? And after 1 seminar with braulio become affiliated with gracie barra ?

Also isn't there already a gracie barra in sheffield ? If so does anybody have any info on them ?

Barracuda, yes. We're at the 393 club, Langsett Road, Hillsborough.

Training is Monday 1800 - 1930, Wednesday 1800 - 2000, Sunday 1100 - 1300. There's further info in other threads in this section including the instructors phone number somewhere.

I've trained with Brian before and he runs a good class, I'd go more often if I had time (not enough days in the week!). Wish I could afford to go to the Braulio seminar but, I can't.

Brian,

So let me get this straight, according to Freddylee, you used to train with royce gracie "absolutely loads" and also trained "a hell of a lot" with carley gracie", you're not a blue belt, you haven't trained for 5 years, yet your teaching classes and are going to be affiliated with gracie barra ?

I'm not being funny or anything but this doesn't make sense.

How can you have trained "absolutely loads" with some of the gracies but not have a blue belt ? And after 1 seminar with braulio become affiliated with gracie barra ?

Also isn't there already a gracie barra in sheffield ? If so does anybody have any info on them ?

As you quite rightly point out yourself, it was freddylee, not Brian, who claimed that he had trained with Royce absolutely loads - depending on what is meant by 'absolutely loads' i'm not sure that anyone in Sheffield could claim this, and Brian certainly hasn't claimed it. Also, Brian said he'd not been at CastleBBA for 5 years, not that he hadn't trained for 5 years. As for how anyone can become affilaited to Gracie Barra after 1 seminar, wll maybe there's more to it than that and Brian can explain, or maybe you could go to the seminar and ask Braulio :D

Hi everyone. there seemed to be some confusion with what people were saying and what they've read. I've not trained with Royce loads as he only comes over once a year or twice if your lucky! But I've continued training even though i did'nt train at castle. Now as Royce says its not what belt you are but what you have up there in your head. He would say "wear what ever belt you want" and you would still get tapped out. I.ve fought many people in judo and bjj, and tapped a 3rd dan in judo and i only graded once to green belt but i still trained, however i continued without grading & went on to win the North of England Heavyweight Judo chapionships 'Gold' That shows its not the BELT. In bjj i've fought a few and i aint a blue belt and i've tapped out blue belts but not with ease, like a good 15/20 minutes fight. Does'nt prove that im better in techniques as the bjj guys i,ve trained with are great & had far more moves than i but its also the experience really of fighting and having different variations on techniques. That's what makes it that little bit different. I intend to work with Andy Roberts, Roger Gracie, Braulio Estima & John Goldson to become lined with the Gracie Barra.

The Braulio Seminar is 3/4 booked and have paid up, but you can leave a deposit or you can pay asap. Its your risk for a space on the day as i don't want to be over full but have space to roll.

Archived