Braulio Seminar & New Gracie Barra Opening In Sheffield City Centre

Hi bjjman, I'm not naming names as this may cause upset and the blue belts i've trained with do vistit my studio often and we all have a good friendship. It would sound like i'm showing off and i do want to do that at all. As for which club you go to well, thats up to you but it does'nt stop you visiting both clubs as most of the adults in my grappling classes are from other clubs.

The blue belt twins trained with me last night and loved it and will be training wednesday as well & attending the braulio seminar. They haven't trained since andy roberts left sheffield when he was teaching bjj at the 393 club.

i've heard good things about brian's place (i'm determined that i WILL get down there in the next week or so!). why don't you try both places - if you like them both, train at them both - you'll get a better idea than from listening to people on here, that's for sure.

What blue belts have you sparred with for 15/20 mins and tapped?

Just wondered where to start training and want to figure out where to go.

or you could always try the roycegracie club at dronfield if it's not too far out for you - royce is due over next week:D

Steve & Lyn from the Royce Gracie Club in dronfield are great and open minded cause like me they don't mind where there students train when they're not open. Thanks for sending down your students on saturdays as it was a great class & a couple others from different clubs trained too, even more great having hassan the unbeaten cage fighter who trains with ian freeman has been down the last two saturdays. He trains with the best fighters in the world and even he says he's learning off me & i also learn off him. he just wants 1 2 1s with me now. wow he's a great fighter. If people are training with me and are from different clubs i must have good expirence and good technical abilities and different variations. I have a student and he trains at a different ju-jitsu club but does'nt tell them that he trains with me and the students who use to tap him out all the time are now getting tap out themselves.

i agree that it's good to train at different clubs, get a mix of instruction. every one, including instructors, has their own strengths and weaknesses, so it's good to get a variety of experiences. i'm sure most of us can learn from each other, and particularly for someone with my (low!) level of ability i certainly wouldn't be so arrogant to assume that there are people i can't learn from.

i've said this before but a city of the size of sheffield should be able to accomodate more than just a couple of clubs and i don't see any reason why they shouldn't exist happliy together, without any bickering or people making snap judgements without ever having trained at a place. i certainly would like to increase my knowledge and train with as many people as i can (as i'm encouraged to do), and i'd like to think i was welcome to train anywhere, regardless of where i usually train or where my loyalties are perceived to lay.

Archived