Braulio Seminar & New Gracie Barra Opening In Sheffield City Centre

hi barracuda, the last comp i was at was with andy roberts, ross pettifer and it was son goku somewhere near towards pontifrac i think in 2002. i fought the heavy weight valy tudo champ who's weight was about 25 stone. it was gi or no gi and i wore gi and the other guy did'nt . what a mistake but i took hom down and got mount. he was that big my knees did'nt even touch the ground. i was trying a new move from royce and did it wrong and got turned over and could'nt get guard cause he was so wide. Anyway he just layed on me and it felt like i was under a car but he could'nt submit me and i had a choke and time ran out. i nearly got him and the bloody buzzer went time. I was the only person to nearly win him and he toldme you nearly had me cause he was turning blue. He ended up winning the comp and the others got hammered and layed on more then me. It was a great experience and i would like to fight the gezer now im more skilled. As for comps im training my assistant up for cage warriors as they've phoned me and i'm to tell them when he's ready. I would fight in hillsborogh but i'm teaching all day sunday.

Hi to everybody, well I trained 121 with hassan muridi on saturday as a training partner because he did'nt want to train in the class. now I can understand as we did standing fighting , Thai Boxing, Boxing, Ground and pound and we helped each other on different techniques and so far he's the best fighter i,ve ever trained with in my life. He is best friends and training parner with junior aka king kong the brazilian cage fighter the mean looking guy who looks like he would beat king kong himself. I am learning from the best cage fighters and some people ask me / am i pure bjj. Well no because all other styles come into it like wrestling and hassan is many times wresting champion and he also trains with bjj fighters too. Hassan trains with all the best fighters in the world and im so happy that he want to train with me and he has 121's with christian at wicker camp the 8 times Thai boxing champion at the weekends. Im going to train with him every week and i told braulio about him and braulio said to invite him to the seminar this weekend if he can make it. I think the may have a roll.

No cause its all about techniques is'nt it as people have said on this site and apparently jon has many good techniques so really he should be all over me. size can be used against you when fighting a good technical fighter wh o may be smaller, but saying that, if you have size, strength and good techniques you do have an advantage.

So its come to this!!

I come to your club to offer to work with you as a team under Gracie Barra, not only that but i would pay YOU to do it. I offer you MY students that I've worked to bring in on nothing but my reputation at the end of the year and carry on running Gracie Barra Sheffield as your own as it may be possible I'm unable to carry on.

and YOU CALL ME OUT!!!!!

Let me tell you something Brian, I've trained constantly for the last 3 and a half years in bjj. I recently broke my collarbone training and miss only one lesson because I felt I was letting my students down. I’ve trained with as many high grades as possible, I've travelled the country to do so all the major and minor seminars. I’ve brought brown and black belts to Sheffield to further my own and my student’s skills often at a cost to me.

And in that 3 years did I ever see you………..NO.

I travelled to America to train with three of the best instructors in the world for two weeks to give me a further boost.

Recently I have worked my a## of to secure a world renowned black belt to instruct in Sheffield to bring an even higher standard to the club rather than rest on the fact that my students are happily paying for my tuition.

So what have you been doing in this time to develop yourself to instruct bjj?? Read a few books, watch Royce in UFC 1 a couple of times, ask for a seminar and a name to sell your business bring in a bit of money of that name.

Well I can happily say I will not be working with you and have no intention of supporting your seminar.

You want to tap me you know where I am…….I’ll be training with a world champ! :rant:

1st of all i train my A**S off and teach seven days a week and i don't just teach grappling, i teach ju-jitsu for children, women,and adults and children are the biggest classes. I'm training mma and i'm training my assistant instructer for cage warriors too so my classes involve mma as an option. Don't knock books and videos as i have learn't alot from them and thats why including my other training i've tapped out blue belts in bjj. don't tell me to come down to your place as you know i teach every evening and you have visited me, so you have the time to come to me and we will roll with no hard feelings. I have not slandard you or pulled you down in any way & Besides all that I,ve trained with many other people not in bjj. Thats not all i do you know cause i,ve trained with james naylor ex champ who teaches thai boxing in Ireland and i used to fly out every month and a half. he's my uncle who started with andy marlow, then moved on to wicker camp with mick melany then move to master sken then moved to london the train with some triad fighters who he said were unbelievable. i also trained with tiger who is the highest judo instructor 6th dan in the north of england and trained with some of the british squad like steve gawthorpe silver olympic medalist. im training with hassan muridi every week now not every two weeks and will soon be twice a week as he as asked. I'm getting my ground techniques in other ways. I'm not that desparate to have gracie barra cause i'm training with a champion wrestler and look at pat hughes, he is dangerous and he's a wrestler. why jon would i want someone else to teach at my studio when its my name above the door paying me to teach at my studio. that like me saying let me bring my students to your club and take over your classes how would you feel. My studio is nice and well equiped and brand new and your not the only one thats offered to teach at my place once the've seen it and i am central. I'm trying to get with the gracie barra but is seems that your too selfish to have another gracie barra in sheffield and want it all to yourself - Why when we're the 5th largest city in england and is large enough for 2 gracie barras.

I did'nt call you out just wanted to see your skills for myself and just wanted a roll at the seminar and it's what alot of people are asking.

Anyway jon why have you spat your dummy out when all i asked for was a roll. you've heard im good and im not the best thing since sliced bread but is the fact that it worries you what people will think if i do tap you. To me it does'nt matter if you tapped me as it would be a learning experience and being tapped just shows that you've more expirence. Hassan choked me out with no gi but i can gice him a good fight with a gi, so what i'm learning and it is a privillige to be tapped out by a really good fighter.

Archived