Is Hillsborough closed off due to the snow?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/405984_10151291340798649_1340930569_n.jpg

have a look at this and then you should feel ashamed if you can't drive in 2 inches of snow!

correct! that is the other point, if they can keep their roads clear with snow like that............?

No, your point was that people should feel ashamed if they can't drive in 2 inches of snow and then you posted a link to a picture of a road which had been completely cleared of snow.

No, your point was that people should feel ashamed if they can't drive in 2 inches of snow and then you posted a link to a picture of a road which had been completely cleared of snow.

i was actually trying to bring a bit of humour to the thread with the picture but it seems obvious to me that you are one of the people that cant drive in 2 inches of snow and it has touched a nerve for you!

i was actually trying to bring a bit of humour to the thread with the picture but it seems obvious to me that you are one of the people that cant drive in 2 inches of snow and it has touched a nerve for you!

Humour it may have been, but it's clearly been Photoshopped so it's not really a sign of some people driving better in snow.

How are the trees growing out of the top of 20 feet of snow?

I think we don't cope here because it's not a regular thing .How many of us have 2 sets of tyres .In other countries they know for definite they will get snow in winter .Our weather changes year to year .How many would have an extra set of tyres just in case it snowed .We could certainly get some tips from other countries but they could also get some tips from us ,how to deal with 4 seasons in one day :)

By being 30 feet tall?

Look at the shape of the trees. Saplings don't grow hugely long trunks in cold climates.

I don't doubt that there was snow on the ground in the original photo before manipulation, but the depth has clearly been tinkered with.

You are thinking too deeply - or talking blox

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=920&q=road+in+deep+snow&oq=road+in+deep+snow&gs_l=img.3...831.6345.0.6496.29.14.3.12.7.1.190.1638.4j10.14.0...0.0...1ac.1.GP6-YCCD4Yg

Also, what if there was a slope there...

Not photoshopped, just from a country where a snowflake doesn't cause the panic it does here.

" The location depicted is in the Japanese Alps:

The section of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route linking the Tateyama station and Ogizawa only open from mid April to November, the reason for this hiatus is wintry snow, snow on this section reaches a thickness of 20 meters the most amazed of all is that in mid-April, much of the snow still lingers, so you have to make real corridors of ice to get through that stretch.

For those wondering (like me) how the snow is cleared from this road, this video shows the equipment needed."

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/deep-snow-really-deep-snow.html

Look at the shape of the trees. Saplings don't grow hugely long trunks in cold climates.

I don't doubt that there was snow on the ground in the original photo before manipulation, but the depth has clearly been tinkered with.

The metasequoia can grow at 80 degs N to a height of 40 metres in parts of Canada.I reckon 130 foot is long enough for a trunk?

Archived