I'm so glad I've got a Range Rover ..

"I'm so glad I've got a Range Rover, which is so much better in the snow than your car".

I'm guessing that this is what you were thinking as you tonned up the LHL of Ecclesall Road and then forced your car to the right in front of The Prince Of Wales.

Was he in his Range Rover too?

Did he give your Range Rover driver a mouthful? - His dad would've done so.:hihi:

They'll be thinking we're jealous next. Our 12 year old 406 went past a 4 x 4 last year that had skidded, hit kerb and one of its wheels was at a 90 degree angle to the car and we got all way back from Lincoln without any hassle until we came off M1 at Thorpe Hesley when there were cars slewed everywhere cos we were back in Sheffield:hihi::hihi::hihi:

To be fair that's less of a reflection on the car, than the idiot who doesn't understand that "4x4" means "an advantage" and NOT "invincible"

Like the real snow a few years back where I was driving someone else's car (totally new to me, never driven it before) with no major issues, but the maverick/terrano decided to try to turn right at full tilt and ended up doing a 270 and facing left

What is the Niisson X Track like?

I think they are quite good cars probably not as good in the snow and mud as a Shogun or RR but a lot cheaper, I think Japs make the best cars Nissan are always good reliable cars.

I've got a ford fiesta and it beats the crap outta all your cars! :P

it never has a problem in snow, ice.. anything :hihi:

I had an old diesel Fiesta back in 2010, and it was brilliant in the snow. The only time the weather defeated me that year was when the snow was too deep to dig the car out of it :suspect:

4x4s are not as good as people think in the snow they still skid and can get stuck,but you have more drives to get into when you do get stuck, diff locks are brill in snow,if you can keep rolling you can get up most slippy roads but there is always someone spinning their wheels in front of you that's why a lot of 4x4 drivers get accused of being ignorant drivers when you have to go around them to keep going, once you have stopped on a snowy hill even a 4x4 will struggle,Ive just been to pick the wife up from work and going up Coldwell lane there was a small Seate trying to get up the hill he was getting nowhere just skidding so I went around him on the other side of the road no problems at all for my Shogun as I went past him he gave me the V sign,I mean what should I have done gone up behind him and waited till he got up to the top of the hill.

I cant see the problem with 4x4. I dont have one, but I might think about it this year. Nice looking motors, and usually scorned by those who feel inferior in their focus,s and astras. I do like the L200, nice beast. Up the 4x4 drivers, and down with jealous gits and cyclists.

Driving skills are the biggest factor to driving in the snow, most cars will cope, even the rear wheel drive cars, most drivers woud not know the correct gears nor how to come out of a skid. Most drivers just slam on the brakes !

Have had many cars from Avengers to VWs. I will admit as a youngster, the snow caught me out , my first legal car was a Dodge challenger 5.3 ltr , 14inch wheels on the back. 2.O tonnes of metal and caused some right damage:)

As we debate, i live on a hill, we are on high ground and the snow is bad, but its comical seeing some drivers trying to cope both up and down hill , thats in a variety of motors.

I got rid of my Shogun.

A total piece of crap and more trouble than i care to shake a pointy stick at :(

Its like any cars you get good ones and bad ones,they are very maintenance orientated and you have to keep on the top side of them,its no good owning an older one if you are not capable of repairing and servicing it your self garages will just ripp you off for any little job, they are more like a way of life and an obsession, I have two Mitsubishi's a 2.5 diesel and a V6 petrol both cars are over twenty years old,the 2.5 has towed our caravan to Spain and France on many trouble free holidays.

Archived