Frying pan bird feeder

just about to throw my old frying pan away when i thought it would make a good bird feeder. i melted 1 cup of lard and mixed in a few raisins,bits of old cerial, few bread crumbs, and crushed peanuts,good stir round and put it to set 5 mins in cold,then put it on top of my bin...........in less than 10mins 2 robins and about 5 blackbirds had a real tuck in,

Know what you mean wood 123! I live near woods and have so many fat pigeons they can hardly take off!! The other fat birds are the magpies and crows!!I don't mind feeding them, but they are so greedy, they scoop up the food in a moment, leaving not a lot for the little birds.......

Know what you mean wood 123! I live near woods and have so many fat pigeons they can hardly take off!! The other fat birds are the magpies and crows!!I don't mind feeding them, but they are so greedy, they scoop up the food in a moment, leaving not a lot for the little birds.......

I'm curious, do you expect that birds actually care about other birds being left food?

Archived