Looking for a Function Room/Party Venue in Sheffield

xrosedustx

Hi all,

I am looking for somewhere to hold a 30th Birthday party for my partner.

It will be on a Saturday in August and we will be inviting around 150 people (it's anticipated that 80-100 will actually turn up).

We want to do the standard function room party thing - Venue with tables and a dancefloor, DJ and buffet. I am fairly new to Sheffield and I'm struggling to find a venue with a function room!! :help: We would prefer it to be close to the city centre but not essential.

I've had one room quoted at £70, but that seems a bit steep to me when we know that the numbers likely to come will probably put a lot of money behind the bar!!

Does anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Thanks for the feedback.

We're not looking for a bar in town as I know they're expensive though. We want something like a social club or wmc or cricket club... Something along those lines. Back where Iused to live I can think of lots of places like that that offered function room for free if you could guarantee numbers.

If you have any thoughts please do let me know. Thanks again

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know I managed to find somewhere that's perfect!

We tried Farm Road Social Club but they wanted £70 for the room and the woman behind the bar was very unhelpful abrupt and made us feel very unwelcome.

We are having it at Laycocks Sports Club on Archer Road (S8 0JZ - Opposite the Sainsburys). The function room is a great size - probably seating for 120 I reckon. The room opens up through the conservatory onto the bowling greens and there are some benches for seating outside. - Nice little play area for kids too!!

The room was free to members and the membership has cost £12.50 for a single membership (although we went for a joint membership at £17.50 as we are likely to pop in quite regular). The man behind the bar was really warm, helpful and friendly - that's the kind of reception I want for our guests.

All in all we're really chuffed and wanted to let you know just in case anyone looks at this thread in future when looking for a venue.

i will just mention the concord golf club, really nice again has doors that open out onto a nice green and playing area for the younger ones, it charges £30 to hire the room or its free if you take up their buffet, they do ask for a bond of £100 but you get that back on the night, its just to make sure your turn up. a lovely room good amentites and holds about 120. its worth a look!!and its got plenty of room for parking! check it out

Archived