Pattiserie Valerie

marthasnan

Went to the one in York when it first opened, massive queues and tempted by the look of the cakes. Very disappointed, such a beautiful cake but never have I had something so utterly tasteless. From people's expressions there, I wasn't the only one thinking it, and I can bet that Sheffield is the same (Chances are the cake are made in one massive factory and shipped to all the chains). Betty's in York don't even make their cakes onsite, so can bet your bottom dollar they don't!

Went to the one in York when it first opened, massive queues and tempted by the look of the cakes. Very disappointed, such a beautiful cake but never have I had something so utterly tasteless. From people's expressions there, I wasn't the only one thinking it, and I can bet that Sheffield is the same (Chances are the cake are made in one massive factory and shipped to all the chains). Betty's in York don't even make their cakes onsite, so can bet your bottom dollar they don't!

They come froma factory in Birmingham. I requested a bulk order with a slight alteration to the recipe and it was not possible for them to do.

I prefer to use private cafes, they always have the best coffee, cakes and service.

There is a lil' cake place in Hillsborough Barracks - Shakes & Cakes -they take orders as well! Its amazing! Super home-made -you can actually see them pulling the muffins out of the oven!

If you go you should try my favorite - the carrot cake.

and Moco on West Street make yum coffee!

Archived