If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

I had the best of intensions when i started clearing the snow but the result was the same situation that you describe.:hihi:

This is precisely why I went to get some grit!

It's dissapointing that the good intentions of many are minimised due to not keeping grit bins full.

We'll be out today clearing our cul-de-sac and the road running along the bottom of it. I can guarantee 3 lots of neighbours will be with us. One of us will go along to the grit bin with a wheelbarrow, the 2 big lads will shovel the snow off the road, the other adults will clear the drives & the young children opposite will help by throwing snowballs. We don't moan- we know Amey will keep the main roads clear & we're happy to look after our little bit of the community & help each other.

Why anyone should think it's a big deal, I don't know.

I for one commend you & your friends & neighbours :thumbsup:

I have gritted my drive, the path outside my house and the bit of road leading onto my drive and have also done the old ladys drive and path who lives opposite me as she is on her own.

I bought 4 big bags of ice breaker from costco and still have 2 bags left for any more snow due.

Archived