If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

I've been a private tenant myself for the past three years and would still clear my own bit. It's me that needs to get out at the end of the day x

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 23:38 ----------

My landlord lives in Spain x

Double check your tenancy agreement - it may be that the landlord needs to come back from Spain and clear your road for you.

Oh, I've cleared the bit of road outside my house - right down to the main road.

lol people are the community.........whatever their state/status....

Incorrect.

have you never even heard...there is even a homeless community in sheffield

Aye, the homeless work together for their own self interest, their activities involve sharing, caring, and communal squatting.

In this case, it would improve your own mobility, and that of your neighbours. It is a no-brainer really. The OAPs get to the Post Office, you get to the offie. All without a broken bone.

I can get about just fine in the snow. I will help my fellow neighbours whom are tenants, for we are all equal and share a common interest.

But you know all of this, so why the devil's advocate act?

I ain't. Why should I clear the road for the benefit of a neighbour who is a homeowner. Sod them, they should fend for themselves. If I were to work for free, for their benefit and not mine, I would not benefit one iota. I ain't going to waste my time helping them. To do so would be against my own self interest.

I can get about just fine in the snow. I will help my fellow neighbours whom are tenants, for we are all equal and share a common interest.

I ain't. Why should I clear the road for the benefit of a neighbour who is a homeowner. Sod them, they should fend for themselves. If I were to work for free, for their benefit and not mine, I would not benefit one iota. I ain't going to waste my time helping them. To do so would be against my own self interest.

and there was me clearing the road the year before last for....tenants, homeowners, care in the community household, home owners and oaps

.....as it was not for my own self interest....support social housing with our rates and we pay our taxes for others etc etc etc.....

how stupid we must be in your eyes

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 00:26 ----------

Incorrect.

Aye, the homeless work together for their own self interest, their activities involve sharing, caring, and communal squatting.

I do wonder how much you've actually had to do with society.

in my experience swp members and their ilk tend to come from upper middle class educated families...(why they are so eloquent when it comes to book philosophy) and have a big chip on their shoulders with very little contact with the people they claim to speak for.....

What if you work for free with them, towards a common purpose?

That's what happens on our road. Young, old, male, female, homeowner, tenant. It doesn't matter. A clear road helps us all.

Your argument is silly.

My bold.

They do fend for themselves which is why they are homeowners!!!

and there was me clearing the road the year before last for....tenants, homeowners, care in the community household, home owners and oaps

.....as it was not for my own self interest....

I've done it myself, only to be slagged off a few months later for being a tenant and not a homeowner, by the people I have helped.

support social housing with our rates and we pay our taxes for others etc etc etc.....

how stupid we must be in your eyes

Nonsense. Social housing has paid for itself many times over.

I do wonder how much you've actually had to do with society.

in my experience swp members and their ilk tend to come from upper middle class educated families...(why they are so eloquent when it comes to book philosophy) and have a big chip on their shoulders with very little contact with the people they claim to speak for.....

I have never had owt to do with the SWP. I come from a lower middle class single parent family. Although I do read. And when it comes to society, dunt make me laugh.

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 00:35 ----------

What if you work for free with them, towards a common purpose?
If only there were one.

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 00:35 ----------

My bold.

They do fend for themselves which is why they are homeowners!!!

They are the biggest troughers of them all.

Archived