If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

I've been a private tenant myself for the past three years and would still clear my own bit. It's me that needs to get out at the end of the day x

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 23:38 ----------

My landlord lives in Spain x

You've got all day then.

L love a sweeping statement

I gritted our close Thursday night - all clear when we got up, did the same yesterday tea time last night and today you can`t see a single bit of road.

Failed.

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 09:33 ----------

SUE HIM - thought I would get in first!

haha - no intention if being litigious - but may just sneak out tonight and push his mini mountain over :0

The other year when we had the heavy snows. spent hours clearing the snow from the road only for other residents who hadnt helped to take the already cleared areas without thanks. On the other hand when helping motorists up furnace lane one lady did provide us with tea which was nice

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

When people clear their roads where will they put the snow?Most people transfer the snow to their neighbours section,and the exposed surface is really slippery.

"Where did you put the soil Fletcher?"

"Simple,Mr MacKay,we dug another hole"

At last - a kindred spirit!

Do you want to go join my mission to push the mountains over?

Snow "clearing" is such a nonsensical, pointless activity - akin to picking the leaves off trees in Autumn (they will fall off anyway and snow will melt).

The other year when we had the heavy snows. spent hours clearing the snow from the road only for other residents who hadnt helped to take the already cleared areas without thanks. On the other hand when helping motorists up furnace lane one lady did provide us with tea which was nice

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Was he bald and fat ,drives a black Ford hatchback-he lives on our road too!We didn't even get a wet of tea.

When people are denied a stake in their community, do not expect them to bow down, do not expect them to play by the rules, do not expect them to become slaves

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Only on SheffieldForum could a discussion about clearing your drive turn into Class War!

the homeless work together for their own self interest, their activities involve sharing, caring, and communal squatting

The council should really provide them with toilets (at least they'd get a sit down when they were doing it)

I've just spent an hour clearing the front of mu house in High Green. Some old bloke came past and said - "you're doing a good job there lad, it's a pity more don't do it".....I agreed with him.

If everbody did a bit, then the estates would be much better to drive/walk on.

The other thing is keeping grit bins topped up. It's fine the Council/Amey sending gritters out to keep the main roads clear, but let the people on the estate roads do there bit by keeping grit bins topped up.....We're currently on empty on the Dowlands Estate in High Green (nudge nudge any Council workers who read this).

Regards

Doom

I've just spent an hour clearing the front of mu house in High Green. Some old bloke came past and said - "you're doing a good job there lad, it's a pity more don't do it".....I agreed with him.

If everbody did a bit, then the estates would be much better to drive/walk on.

The other thing is keeping grit bins topped up. It's fine the Council/Amey sending gritters out to keep the main roads clear, but let the people on the estate roads do there bit by keeping grit bins topped up.....We're currently on empty on the Dowlands Estate in High Green (nudge nudge any Council workers who read this).

Regards

Doom

Well its snowing again here - so get ready for another hour later!

Hope you cleared it and then gritted it otherwise you will have just created a lovely hazard.

And where have you put your snow?

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 10:09 ----------

This isn't the 1980s

Society has moved on and become more enlightened :D

Yep - we now know that snow melts!

Archived