If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Only on SheffieldForum could a discussion about clearing your drive turn into Class War!

Chem1st continually confuses property (thing) with community (concept)

a school boy error that I`m surprised doesn`t get pointed out to him more often.

On a serious note, sooner or later we will have to return to the mindset that we had 30 years ago.

You have to remember that snow events in 2013 (and the last couple of years) have at their worst consisted of snow for about 2 days and then freezing for a following week.

I remember in the 80s we would sledge virtually every weekend and we always went to school and it could snow at anytime from November to March.

If we do start to return to 1980s style winters then we will have no choice but to clear our bit of snow, otherwise businesses will collapse and sp many people will lose their jobs.

Schools will have to remain open otherwise employers may not be too keen to employ women who have children at school, if there is a threat 4 months out of the year they need to have a day off as the school has shut.

I think things are changing, the compensation cultures is becoming more anti social and if more people are going to be employed in the public sector (rather than private sector) then this means more people are not going to get paid if they don't get to work.

So things will change as not many people can pay their bills without a wage. I'd imagine 4 months without any money coming into a house would see many families on the streets being kicked out of their homes for non payment of bills

a school boy error that I`m surprised doesn`t get pointed out to him more often.

When Proudhon used the phrase "property is theft" he was adamant that the term be used in the widest sense,as a concept.Would your misconception be a schoolgirl error?I think you now know why you are the first ,and probably last to correct this "error".

When Proudhon used the phrase "property is theft" he was adamant that the term be used in the widest sense,as a concept.Would your misconception be a schoolgirl error?I think you now know why you are the first ,and probably last to correct this "error".

add the missing words to my original comment - "ownership of" and "lack of stake in"

you can decide which goes in front of which..

my comment stands

The other thing is keeping grit bins topped up. It's fine the Council/Amey sending gritters out to keep the main roads clear, but let the people on the estate roads do there bit by keeping grit bins topped up.....We're currently on empty on the Dowlands Estate in High Green (nudge nudge any Council workers who read this).

Regards

Doom

Doom, I can't believe you've just posted this after all the posts on this thread & others telling you that Amey are not psychic - how on earth do they know your grit bin needs filling if you don't tell them? Here it is again :

Ring 2734567, tell them where your grit bin is & they'll come and fill it.

We rang to get ours filled 2 weeks ago & they came the next day.

Doom, I can't believe you've just posted this after all the posts on this thread & others telling you that Amey are not psychic - how on earth do they know your grit bin needs filling if you don't tell them? Here it is again :

Ring 2734567, tell them where your grit bin is & they'll come and fill it.

We rang to get ours filled 2 weeks ago & they came the next day.

I bet you were in the minority then but today there will be many calls for a refill,plus there are more salt bandits robbing bins for their own little stretch of road.

I bet you were in the minority then but today there will be many calls for a refill,plus there are more salt bandits robbing bins for their own little stretch of road.

Hardly robbing as the grit bins are there to enable people to clear their own little stretch of road anyway. In fact, I picked a friend up to go to Harrogate earlier this week and used the grit bin outside his house to top up my supply. Was this robbing given that it was for his benefit?

If you have trouble getting through to Streetforce there's an online form for submitting your request: Everything you ever needed to know about grit bins but were too idle to look up.

Chem1st gets a lot of things confused, like "council housing" and "social housing ", but I suppose when you've got an agenda then the facts tend to get in his way from time to time

Hardly robbing as the grit bins are there to enable people to clear their own little stretch of road anyway. In fact, I picked a friend up to go to Harrogate earlier this week and used the grit bin outside his house to top up my supply. Was this robbing given that it was for his benefit?

If you have trouble getting through to Streetforce there's an online form for submitting your request: Everything you ever needed to know about grit bins but were too idle to look up.

I dont think the salt is for personal use-only you will know if your use was communal or exclusive.Do they not have salt in your hometown of Harrogate?

Archived