If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

Doom, I can't believe you've just posted this after all the posts on this thread & others telling you that Amey are not psychic - how on earth do they know your grit bin needs filling if you don't tell them? Here it is again :

Ring 2734567, tell them where your grit bin is & they'll come and fill it.

We rang to get ours filled 2 weeks ago & they came the next day.

I have contacted them in the past, but when the weather is like this common sense would tell you that virtually all grit bins throughout the city will be low/empty.

I would expect them to do regular rounds on a rota basis topping up grit bins....It's not rocket science.

Regards

Doom

I have contacted them in the past, but when the weather is like this common sense would tell you that virtually all grit bins throughout the city will be low/empty.

I would expect them to do regular rounds on a rota basis topping up grit bins....It's not rocket science.

Regards

Doom

I would rather they were out gritting than touring round grit bins on the off-chance.

Well its snowing again here - so get ready for another hour later!

Hope you cleared it and then gritted it otherwise you will have just created a lovely hazard.

And where have you put your snow?

I've gritted the bits I couldn't get under, but for the most part I managed to clear it all and can now see lovely black tarmac in front of my house.

The snow went either on my garden or the grass verge outside.

It's not snowing here at the moment, but no doubt it will again later.....But at least I'll have less to move when it does snow again. ;)

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 10:53 ----------

I would rather they were out gritting than touring round grit bins on the off-chance.

I would like to see both, but I guess that's too much to ask of our Council Tax.

Regards

Doom

more likely to happen when people "clear" their pavement/ road..........they always seem to just leave that little bit that then ices over causing falls.

I'm unable to clear the path or road, so I have to mange with grips and hope I don't fall. One thing though about clearing your path, if the postie falls on it covered with snow it's bad luck, if you clear it & it freezes and he/she falls they can sue.

I used to clear when I was able outside the gate on front path, or grit, all I can do now is salt on steps.

One thing though about clearing your path, if the postie falls on it covered with snow it's bad luck, if you clear it & it freezes and he/she falls they can sue.

old chestnut, they can sue - they won`t win.

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 14:23 ----------

Just been for a walk around High Green and all grit bins I checked are near enough empty.

Regards

Doom

that`s because you were all throwing grit around yesterday, give them time to get round to them - or pay more council tax next year and have someone do the job fulltime?

Archived