If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

I'm unable to clear the path or road, so I have to mange with grips and hope I don't fall. One thing though about clearing your path, if the postie falls on it covered with snow it's bad luck, if you clear it & it freezes and he/she falls they can sue.

I used to clear when I was able outside the gate on front path, or grit, all I can do now is salt on steps.

In Canada isn't there a law that people must clear their own fronts of snow within a certain period of time?

Regards

Doom

I'm unable to clear the path or road, so I have to mange with grips and hope I don't fall. One thing though about clearing your path, if the postie falls on it covered with snow it's bad luck, if you clear it & it freezes and he/she falls they can sue.

I used to clear when I was able outside the gate on front path, or grit, all I can do now is salt on steps.

The post man cannot sue for the simple reason that they are on your property without your explicit consent.Why do you give credence to these fairy tales?

that`s because you were all throwing grit around yesterday, give them time to get round to them - or pay more council tax next year and have someone do the job fulltime?

I will give them time, but that's not really the point.

What I'm suggesting is that people shouldn't have to phone the Council to tell them that grit bins are empty, because in this weather it's fairly obvious most grit bins will be empty.

I would expect them to go around filling up all the grit bins on a rota basis and not on the basis of who shouts loudest.

Regards

Doom

This is another of those urban myths. There has never been a case of anyone being sued in the UK following the clearing of snow from the pavement. Where you may fall down, pun very much intended, is if you deliberately make it more dangerous or if you fail to make your own property safe for legal access.

The post man cannot sue for the simple reason that they are on your property without your explicit consent.Why do you give credence to these fairy tales?

I wonder what would happen if someone fell in front of a property that had been cleared of snow, but the resident who cleared the snow in their defence suggested they wanted to grit after clearing the snow, but the grit bin was empty.

Regards

Doom

I will give them time, but that's not really the point.

What I'm suggesting is that people shouldn't have to phone the Council to tell them that grit bins are empty, because in this weather it's fairly obvious most grit bins will be empty.

I would expect them to go around filling up all the grit bins on a rota basis and not on the basis of who shouts loudest.

Regards

Doom

of course it`s the point - I bet the council are fed up of people ringing up to tell them the bins are empty - everyone knows the bins are empty,

everyone uses far too much grit when they use it (one cup for approx 10 sq meters is about right) and everyone uses it on their drive and paths when it`s actually supplied for highway use only

how quick do you expect them to be refilled - within the hour?

I wonder what would happen if someone fell in front of a property that had been cleared of snow, but the resident who cleared the snow in their defence suggested they wanted to grit after clearing the snow, but the grit bin was empty.

Regards

Doom

Would they get done for a salt(SIC)?

They are on your property delivering her majesty's mail, hence Royal Mail, the hint is in the name. They can't stand on pavement and aim for the bloody letter box, and the suing bit has been about donkeys, I'm not gunna try anyway, even if I could.

They are on your property delivering her majesty's mail, hence Royal Mail, the hint is in the name. They can't stand on pavement and aim for the bloody letter box, and the suing bit has been about donkeys, I'm not gunna try anyway, even if I could.

If its the majesty's they have the wrong address-they need 35 BP Rd SW7

Archived