If only everyone that was able would clear their bit of road

of course it`s the point - I bet the council are fed up of people ringing up to tell them the bins are empty - everyone knows the bins are empty.

It was Rosy Rat (a relative?) who suggested I should phone up.....My point is the same as yours above....Everyone knows the bins are empty, so why should people need to phone up?

everyone uses far too much grit when they use it (one cup for approx 10 sq meters is about right) and everyone uses it on their drive and paths when it`s actually supplied for highway use only.

Agreed!!

I usually store a bucket of grit in my back garden so that when the grit bin is empty, I can use it where it was intended for (ie. The steep bit at the end of our road, where cars struggle to get off).

how quick do you expect them to be refilled - within the hour?

Of course not, but I don't think a couple of days is unreasonable.

With heavy snow being predicted for Sunday Evening, it would be nice to think efforts are made to top grit bins back up in time for the Monday morning rush hour.

It's all well and good keeping the main roads clear, and to date Amey have done a good job of that, but it won't be of much use if people are unable to get to the main roads because their estate roads are like ice rinks.

Regards

Doom

Don't knock him/her too much - their jokes are no worse than a lot on here and they're doing their bit to keep us all amused. :)

Oh no I'm not Mr bloke, I'm used to them, wasn't meant so much to knock , they sometimes have some really meaningful things to say.

Archived