Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?

Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?

• Yes
    • No

I mean its 2013 and they're still scrapping over silly religious divisions and other pointless events in history, so maybe it's now time the UK becomes GB (Ie just Eng, Scot & Wales) cuts all ties with NI, give'em a big cheque and let them govern and sort themselves out?

When the majority of people in the province vote to leave the UK then that's when they should secede. What I find two-faced about the Loyalists is that they insist on being British while acting in a way that no one on the mainland does. Wearing orange sashes, playing a flute and tin drum, banging on about some battle hundreds of years ago, rioting over a flag and randomly attacking Catholics are not something that are everyday occurrences overe here.

Do you really get a choice?

Not at the moment but the six counties may become like Scotland and want a vote. I also find it perverse that the Loyalists have their own political parties. They want to be British but don't vote for British parties insisting on having their own that don't organise on the mainland.

Not at the moment but the six counties may become like Scotland and want a vote. I also find it perverse that the Loyalists have their own political parties. They want to be British but don't vote for British parties insisting on having their own that don't organise on the mainland.

Wales do the same with Plaid Cymru and Scotland with the SNP.

Strange that you find democracy perverse. If you'd rather political parties not be allowed, go live in China or North Korea.

The trouble wouldn't end if Northern Ireland left the UK to join the Republic of Ireland, the so called loyalists would then dramatically intensify their actions. I'd be surprised if there were many Republic of Ireland's politicians there were in favour of Northern Ireland joining them, as they'll bring an immense amount of new problems with them.

That's not so suprising though is it ? The political parties of the mainland aren't very good.

You've got labour who represent those who don't work

You have the conservatives who don't conserve

And the lib dems who don't want democracy

not gonna work either way lol, weve screwed them up that much now, part want one thing, the other part want the opposite, somebody aint gonna be happy either way, and violence is now entrenched in the psyche as weve seen over the flag issue

The trouble wouldn't end if Northern Ireland left the UK to join the Republic of Ireland, the so called loyalists would then dramatically intensify their actions. I'd be surprised if there were many Republic of Ireland's politicians there were in favour of Northern Ireland joining them, as they'll bring an immense amount of new problems with them.

I agree, the Loyalist terrorists would soon start bombing Dublin. A better option would be a fully independent state.

Archived