Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?

Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Northern Ireland remain part of UK?

• Yes
    • No

I mean its 2013 and they're still scrapping over silly religious divisions and other pointless events in history, so maybe it's now time the UK becomes GB (Ie just Eng, Scot & Wales) cuts all ties with NI, give'em a big cheque and let them govern and sort themselves out?

I would never consider the Ulster question silly or pointless.and once again you are reminding us how easy it is to start a thread about any topic,rather one where the poster has a little knowledge.

Wales do the same with Plaid Cymru and Scotland with the SNP.

Strange that you find democracy perverse. If you'd rather political parties not be allowed, go live in China or North Korea.

Regular little intellectual aren't we? I said I find pro-British Loyalists' refusal to join British political parties perverse. As you are so pro-BNP you're clearly the one who wants democracy to end. Political parties are allowed in China and Korea though. Just one of each.

That's not so suprising though is it ? The political parties of the mainland aren't very good.

You've got labour who represent those who don't work

You have the conservatives who don't conserve

And the lib dems who don't want democracy

They have their own parties because as Irish people they are divorced from British concerns. But they claim to be British. The Unionist parties are hardly much use either.

I'd like to see you justify your claim that the Lib-Dems don't want democracy.

Regular little intellectual aren't we? I said I find pro-British Loyalists' refusal to join British political parties perverse. As you are so pro-BNP you're clearly the one who wants democracy to end. Political parties are allowed in China and Korea though. Just one of each.

They have their own parties because as Irish people they are divorced from British concerns. But they claim to be British. The Unionist parties are hardly much use either.

I'd like to see you justify your claim that the Lib-Dems don't want democracy.

Do the lib dems want the British people to have a vote on eu membership ?

So are actually trying to dogde democracy !

Do the lib dems want the British people to have a vote on eu membership ?

So are actually trying to dogde democracy !

Are you seriously arguing that democracy equates to having a referendum on a single issue. Democracy in this country is about having free and fair elections and representative bodies made up of those elected. We haven't had a nationwide referendum in this country since 1975 except for the Alternative Vote referendum in 2011 which was proposed by the Lib-Dems. According to your theory that would mean only the Lib-Dems support democracy.

How does anyone dodge democracy?

Are you seriously arguing that democracy equates to having a referendum on a single issue. Democracy in this country is about having free and fair elections and representative bodies made up of those elected. We haven't had a nationwide referendum in this country since 1975 except for the Alternative Vote referendum in 2011 which was proposed by the Lib-Dems. According to your theory that would mean only the Lib-Dems support democracy.

How does anyone dodge democracy?

When the single issue is Such is major issue yes I am saying we should have a referendum on major issues like Switzerland. Maybe then we could take back of control from these poor political parties . Denying the voters the chance to vote on major issues is UN-democratic and Is a way to dodge democracy.

One question . Why would a party that you beleive to be very democratic deny the voters a chance to vote on a major issue at all ?

P.s sorry to the op as this has gone off topic

So you find it perverse that people support and join whatever political parties they want? I think you are the perverse one, you don't seem to like the idea of democracy.

I'm not pro-BNP by the way, you must have me confused with another user.

The Loyalists arent true Irish anyway.... never were. They come from a bunch of Jocks and English Protestants who were given that part of Ireland by King James the First after it was taken away from the real owners.....the Catholic Irish.

From then on the Catholic Irish were treated as second class citizens. The troubles in that part of Ireland go far beyond flags and religion.

The Loyalists arent true Irish anyway.... never were. They come from a bunch of Jocks and English Protestants who were given that part of Ireland by King James the First after it was taken away from the real owners.....the Catholic Irish.

From then on the Catholic Irish were treated as second class citizens. The troubles in that part of Ireland go far beyond flags and religion.

I don't think that the loyalists have ever claimed to be true Irish.

Archived