Is Staying In The New Going Out?

Was going to nip down to The Bankers and talk football and world politics with some odd peeps but decided against it. Firstly, I don't want to end up doing aerobics on ice (fat lard butts like me look extra funny with their legs up in the air) and secondly it costs too much for the beer and crips.

Instead I will sit in my flat with my log effect single bar electric fire and watch my collection of VHS videos.

Do you go out? Or stay in?

Opines.

I stay in now a days. I stopped going down to the local when the smoking ban came in. Also Ale is so cheap in the supermarkets compared to the Boozer. So i stay in and enjoy a smoke with my pint ,all in the comfort of my sitting room in front of the open fire.

We stay in 3 weeks out of 4 I would say, sometimes it's longer between going out, it just does not have the same appeal as it used to. Whether that's age or my health, I think combination of both, but I do find it cosy in front of our multi fuel stove with a drink of some description, normally non alcoholic.

I stay in now a days. I stopped going down to the local when the smoking ban came in. Also Ale is so cheap in the supermarkets compared to the Boozer. So i stay in and enjoy a smoke with my pint ,all in the comfort of my sitting room in front of the open fire.

Why don't you buy a pool table and turn the house into a pub?

Archived