When did 'of' take over from 'have'?

The word ME seems to have dissapeared replaced by MA ma ipod ma phone etcetera

And the word 'I' seems to have been replaced with the much more pretentious 'myself'. Instead of saying 'my friend and I went there' I keep hearing stuff like 'myself and my friend went there'.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 13:25 ----------

She's fictional. ;)

There were some very like her when I was at school back in the day. ;)

One that gets me is the way people miss the g off the end of a word. I first noticed it with Eamonn Holmes when I think he was saying something about kids spelling. and then Ant and Dec and then almost overnight everyone seemed to do it, and what happened to yes instead of absolutely ?

There are many instances of people on here interchanging correct and incorrect words at will. A thread about licences has people referring to them as licenses; one about sites has reference to sights.

Another commonly misspelt word is 'than', on several occasions I have seen this spelt 'that', even in quality newspapers.

The trouble is that some clever person mispells licence as license,and no-one nose whose spelled it proply.If someone does correct it it can appear rude.

One in ten people have ginger hair.

WRONG.

One in ten people has ginger hair.

Correct.

And don't get me started on your/you're and there/their/they're.

And we will not go near apostrophes and their constant misuse.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived