When did 'of' take over from 'have'?

I think you have completely missed the point, It has nothing to do with spelling, it is substituting a word for an incorrect word, and as I clearly said it was not meant to be a dig, merely an obsevation.

Sorry, missed the 'R' out by mistake before someone has a go - OBSERVATION!.

One I have heard is on Capital radio on the weather report. She says, ye weather today. First of all, if she wants to say that, it should be your weather, but unless they're keeping her in a sealed airtight room, which she never leaves, then it must be her weather as well. So she should be saying,our weather today.

Oh no, all this reporting of the new high speed rail ……or Haitch S2, as it’s now commonly known…..is driving me insane. Supposedly bright reporters on The Beeb are doing it. Is there a term for this? What’s the opposite of “dropping your aitches”?

Oh no, all this reporting of the new high speed rail ……or Haitch S2, as it’s now commonly known…..is driving me insane. Supposedly bright reporters on The Beeb are doing it. Is there a term for this? What’s the opposite of “dropping your aitches”?

Hi should say hit was han hattempt to happear harticulate when the contrary his hactually heffected hironically-lets call it hexaggeration and hexcess hemphasis.

While we're on a grammar rant. Why are the mentally incompetent who use the word "center" when they mean "centre" even allowed to inflict their views upon the internet?

Surely there's the option to issue them with ASBOs and court orders to ensure they can't offend the sensibilities of the decent with their lack of any form of intellectual faculty?

Archived