Golden Retriever

rach73

Have your tried looking at the kennel club website?

They have a list of breeders, for the breed and area you want. This does not always mean the breeders are any good, but may give you a starting point to start researching. Goldens do seem to becoming less common just lately, fab dogs once they have grow out of the giddy puppy years, which last till they hit 4! :)

They seem to be very keen on having golden cross labs as guide dogs. I guess it is a mix that works for them.

errr you forgot damn right stubborn as well

but lovely dogs all the same i wouldn't part with fern for all

the tea in china i love her to bits she losing her marbles

a little now but hey aren't we all :hihi::hihi:

i lost mine years ago they say dogs are like their owners

& she is definitely like me she has even got IBS the same as me :hihi::hihi: :roll:

I was going to suggest contacting the Kennel Club too for breeders

Personally I would MAKE SURE the dogs have been bred and kept in the owners home - none of this kennel lark breeders.

No need for the sarcasim re getting a rescue dog, if you know what you want and you want a golden retriever puppy then go for it. I just favour dogs bred from bitches who don't produce many litters but that are kept in the family unit. Retrievers do have a lot of health problems that many breeders just sweep under the carpet so try to find litters from people who have healthy lines.

good luck

I rehomed the terrier, to a very loving home, an my rottie I have just lost after 9 wonderful years, so ya don't have to be sarcastic, it has been a very traimatic time for us as a family losing a dog we treasured,

The terrier just wasn't for us unfortunatley

No, that's great that your story had a happy ending. You never finished off the story on the original thread and when things go quiet like that, you do tend to wonder what's happened to the poor animal. Sorry to hear about your rottie, it hurts so much to lose a much-loved family pet. Good luck with your search for a golden lab pup!

Archived