Is rotherham going the same way as doncaster

What planet are you guys on? No local/government investment in Doncaster? Is that why they are seeing a £300 million project being built in the town centre, another £300 million project due to start on the water front, a £400 million inland port, a link road to the airport. Not to mention what has been done in the last 10 years... the £200 million extension to the Frenchgate Centre, £40 million redevelopment of the racecourse grandstand. The council may be crap but it's not stopping investment.

Its to hope nobody from rotherham and doncaster is reading whats being said about them on here.At least doncasters got what sheffield hasnt got, a shopping centre in its town centre THE FRENCHGATE CENTRE and a top class market.I actually prefer them to sheffield.Everybody in inner city sheffield thinks rural people have all got 12 fingers and marry their sister.We get it out here at stocksbridge and deepcar,it gets a bit tiresome after a bit.Sheffield isnt the centre of the universe.

Good point... had cause to be in Donny couple of Saturdays ago .. great compact shopping centre superb market, plenty of people and plenty of life... on a return to Fargate Mrs KeefisGod commented: "This place looks so tired" .. but Sheffield does have The Moor ...

I think the government simply wants to invest in strategic major cities....London,Exeter,Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds ect. The likes of donni and Rotherham are not in the radar.

Very good point... Tory policy seems to be that any money not spent on the South East is a waste of funding :roll:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 11:46 ----------

Good point... had cause to be in Donny couple of Saturdays ago .. great compact shopping centre superb market, plenty of people and plenty of life... on a return to Fargate Mrs KeefisGod commented: "This place looks so tired" .. but Sheffield does have The Moor ...

Donny stole my airport :rant:

Very good point... Tory policy seems to be that any money not spent on the South East is a waste of funding :roll:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 11:46 ----------

Donny stole my airport :rant:

It wasn't so much an airport .. more a very long cricket wicket:)

Wait until Sevenstones is built.........hang you will probably be dead by then.:hihi:

rotherham hasn't been governable, the good people of rotherham do not even understand what that means ..... bless em

and doncaster lets not even discuss that, just build a very high wall around it, we don't want the stupidity to spread now do we.....

They will recognise rudeness and condescending attitudes from someone unable to express themselves conventionally.:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 12:33 ----------

I agree, their ain't nothing special about the south it's full of gullible fools and gangs, most think we have gangs in Sheffield don't make me lol, go down south and look around the inner city's then you will see gangs, most of the places I have been in the south have been full of vile gullible fools, their is just abit more money to chuck around down their, their is a difference between being smart and thinking your smart...

Did you fit in down south,as you seem to have many attributes in common with the populace you describe?:)

They will recognise rudeness and condescending attitudes from someone unable to express themselves conventionally.:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 12:33 ----------

Did you fit in down south,as you seem to have many attributes in common with the populace you describe?:)

Never been in a gang, not gullible and never pretended to be smart so I guess not, next ...

Archived