Benefits Capps for 2+ Children

It looks like the Conservatives are doing a good job in cutting benefits, but whatever happened to the capp on child related benefits, for 2 children being cut?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20077758

I am a soon to be father to my second child, I will have to make sacrifices to make sure this child has everting it needs - and i'm not complaining at that!

What annoys me is that some people soley on benefits do not need to make any choices, they just fill in a form and more money is paid to them, this leads to some people breeding for cash, with little of the money going to the child.

My wife has a friend who has 2 children, she is single and on income support, her youngest child has just moved into full time education, which means she has had her benefits cut (she has been moved onto Job Seekers allowance). This freind has moved a NEW boyfreind in (not declared) and got herself pregnant, in 9 months time she will go from Job Seekers back onto income support for another 3 years, she will recive extra income for the new baby, while the rest of society pay for her to sit on her lazy arse :rant:.

But you will be getting some extra benefit too - Child Benefit.

And why not, it is a little back after no doubt paying tax and national insurance for years.

The point is, contributors versus non contributors, and more importantly those who are not just down on their luck and need help, but peeps who choose to milk (or sometimes defraud) the system.

The OP shares the same feelings as a lot of the population, it is frustrating.

Archived