Wilson Tuppholmes store

Who remembers Wilson Tuppholmes store at Pitsmoor ?

I can remember going in the 60s for my Whitsuntide clothes. It always seemed a strange kind of store though, not like a normal department store. Also from the outside it used to look closed to me. Can anybody enlighten me as to why it seemed different ?

I can remember going in the 60s for my Whitsuntide clothes. It always seemed a strange kind of store though, not like a normal department store. Also from the outside it used to look closed to me. Can anybody enlighten me as to why it seemed different ?

They traded in "Checks",a forerunner of todays store cards,you chose what you wanted and then paid on the weekly when their collector came to your door.

Lots of others traded in this way...Blanchards,Sheffield Furnishing,Dempseys and of course Banners,just to name a few.

------------

Hiya, The shop is still there but its a fruit and veg shop now

by you know who? :suspect:

-----------------

We use to get our clothes from Wigfalls on imfirmary rd. :thumbsup:

Archived