What's the difference between Communism and Fascism?

In my simple mind, both sets of ideologies like to see "State control" of peoples lives, yet both sides seem to despise the other yet they seem closer aligned to me than either is to mainstream political partys.

So what are the fundamental differences between the two?

In my simple mind, both sets of ideologies like to see "State control" of peoples lives, yet both sides seem to despise the other yet they seem closer aligned to me than either is to mainstream political partys.

So what are the fundamental differences between the two?

I don't see much difference between them myself,and both sides are terrified of each other.

If you're Jewish, Catholic or a person of colour you have no place in a Fascist society

If you're Jewish, Catholic or a person of colour you are welcome in a Communist society

What about how they run the country and things like democracy, employment, public services.

When I see programmes about Nazi Germany they seemed to take over peoples lives, which is the same as Soviet Russia.

So why do they hate each other so much?

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Communism_vs_Fascism

In many ways, communist and fascist movements had opposing ideologies but both ended up being repressive political systems based on the control of a single leader. While communism is based around a theory of economic equality, fascism is based around the glory of the state and strength displayed through violence and conquest. Both communism and fascism originated in Europe and gained popularity in the early to mid 20th century.

I thought communists, REAL communists, are vehemently atheist.

There is nothing that automatically links to the two together. However there is a very strong correlation.

----------

Communism, in its simplest terms, is the ownership of the "means of production" by the proletariat class. How that class would run the means of production though is applied by many theories, but in practice it has normally reduced to the state. In any application of it on a grand scale it has always been statism, and at it's worst it is massively authoritarian. When it gets larger it also introduces the removal of private property, that everything is owned by the state, although this is sometimes turned on and off as economic necessity. The USSR allowed private property (and thus profit) to get food moving and to spur farmers to work.

Fascism is the belief in authority for the sake of power, and a strong state is in command of it's people. It allows private property, but not the political power that comes with wealth, or capital. It is okay to be rich, just aslong as you behave.

These are very big concepts though. On a fundamental level they are ideologically opposed to each other, but there are other sets of implementation that bring them together. Authoritarianism is the unique factor between the USSR and Nazi Germany, for example. Italian fascism was more dilute, and not as nasty. Republican Spain was anarchistic, and fascist Spain was about religious authority. There is always a lot of factors to consider.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Communism_vs_Fascism

In many ways, communist and fascist movements had opposing ideologies but both ended up being repressive political systems based on the control of a single leader. While communism is based around a theory of economic equality, fascism is based around the glory of the state and strength displayed through violence and conquest. Both communism and fascism originated in Europe and gained popularity in the early to mid 20th century.

SO from looking at that it seems that both place a lot of emphasis on state control, with the main difference being that Fascists believe in superior races.

the main difference being that Fascists believe in superior races.

Not always. Italy was void of any anti-antisemitism until Hitler forced the issue. Fascism is not automatically racially supremacist - it's just one factor. It could be religiously supremacist, or nationally.

If you're Jewish, Catholic or a person of colour you have no place in a Fascist society

If you're Jewish, Catholic or a person of colour you are welcome in a Communist society

You are completely wrong. If you don't know the answer to a question please don't answer it.

Two of the most famous fascist regimes in history have been allied to the Vatican City, the Nazi's and the Italians under Mussolini.

Also, what about Idi Amin?? He was a fascist and he loved black people (he was one). Moreover, I would find it very hard to be persuaded that Israel isn't a fascist state and it loves Jews

Also, Communism and religion do not mix well. Communism is an atheist movement and communist states such as Soviet Russia, China and Cuba have made it a clear and stated intention to wipe out religion.

It is fine that you favour communism over fascism but don't stoop to playing the race card in the absence of any knowledge to support your views.

Archived