What's the difference between Communism and Fascism?

What about how they run the country and things like democracy, employment, public services.

When I see programmes about Nazi Germany they seemed to take over peoples lives, which is the same as Soviet Russia.

So why do they hate each other so much?

Stalin or Hitler which one was the fascist?

You are completely wrong. If you don't know the answer to a question please don't answer it.

Two of the most famous fascist regimes in history have been allied to the Vatican City, the Nazi's and the Italians under Mussolini.

Also, what about Idi Amin?? He was a fascist and he loved black people (he was one). Moreover, I would find it very hard to be persuaded that Israel isn't a fascist state and it loves Jews

Also, Communism and religion do not mix well. Communism is an atheist movement and communist states such as Soviet Russia, China and Cuba have made it a clear and stated intention to wipe out religion.

It is fine that you favour communism over fascism but don't stoop to playing the race card in the absence of any knowledge to support your views.

"Russia an atheist state" ? I don't think they ever managed to acchieve that did they!

Also, Communism and religion do not mix well. Communism is an atheist movement and communist states such as Soviet Russia, China and Cuba have made it a clear and stated intention to wipe out religion.

You make a strong case, but only in the context of any play for power. Over the course of the USSR's history the Russian Orthodox church had good times, bad times, and times when they spoke in favour of the Soviets.

Both forms of government are totalitarian so people often focus on these similarities but there are differences. For example, under fascism private corporations are a vital part of their society whereas under communism everything is state owned.

You make a strong case, but only in the context of any play for power. Over the course of the USSR's history the Russian Orthodox church had good times, bad times, and times when they spoke in favour of the Soviets.

I've always felt that inside communist societies, communism itself became almost like a religion, it even has it's own profits of Marx, Engels and Lenin. So inside these societies, viscous wrongdoing was carried out within the framework of the belief the they were building a better society.

I've always felt that inside communist societies, communism itself became almost like a religion, it even has it's own profits of Marx, Engels and Lenin.

Certainly. It has a narrative also - an idea that will save mankind from suffering. "Believe in this and all your worries will come to an end". It's nonsense. It's wide open to abuse if you put your faith in a group of leaders.

As a political ideology it is flawed of course, but there are elements of Marx that are still relevant. Marx and Engels never advocated the system that existed in the USSR. He'd've been appalled by it. He distanced himself from the Paris Commune, famously saying "All I know is that I am not a Marxist", and they were nowhere near anything that came after his death.

Two of the most famous fascist regimes in history have been allied to the Vatican City, the Nazi's and the Italians under Mussolini.

Also, what about Idi Amin?? He was a fascist.....

You are more than a little bit misinformed. Famous fascist regimes? Have there been any obscure ones?

Only Italy under Mussolini and Germany under Hitler have been fascist regimes. Amin wasn't a fascist. Fascism is a disctatorship based on the nation. As all nations are different all fascist dictatorships will be different. Dictatorships are also subject to the whims of the dictatorship and elite as well as to national characteristics.

Communism is a dictatorship based on the working class. The Soviet Union sought total economic control by the state supposedly in favour of the working class. China however is much different, allowing and encouraging private enterprise. Again it depends on the preferences of the ruling elite and national characteristics. Soviet satellites (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary et al) all had differences from the Soviet Union as do Cuba and North Korea.

Anyone who thinks the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were similar has not read much about either. The central library has books on them both.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 18:09 ----------

I've always felt that inside communist societies, communism itself became almost like a religion, it even has it's own profits of Marx, Engels and Lenin. So inside these societies, viscous wrongdoing was carried out within the framework of the belief the they were building a better society.

No profit motive under communism but there were prophets.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 18:10 ----------

The only difference is that communists lie about autocracy and repression, fascists don't.

Fascists have never denied the holocaust then?

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 18:11 ----------

....under communism everything is state owned.

Even under China?

Communism is a dictatorship based on the working class. [...] China however is much different, allowing and encouraging private enterprise.

I'd argue that China isn't communist, for the very reasons that you give. Nothing is communal anymore. Wealth and capital have become routes to power, just this time within a one-party state.

No profit motive under communism but there were prophets.

A big well done for you, pat yourself on your back.

Even under China?

China is probably one of the most capitalistic countries there is, it's still a totalitarian state however with it's government using it's budget deficit to buy up huge amounts of shares and investments around the world.

It's quiet revolution/evolution will lead to the answer to what I believe to be a fascinating question, are democracy and capitalism intrinsically linked?

Archived