Cashing a cheque

It's off my local council

That explains why you got a cheque then. It stays in their account longer until its cleared (3 to 5 working days)

In this day of modern technology it should be instantly credited straight into your account and not be held back by ancient banking methods !

That explains why you got a cheque then. It stays in their account longer until its cleared (3 to 5 working days)

In this day of modern technology it should be instantly credited straight into your account and not be held back by ancient banking methods !

cheques I recieve are credited same day to my account and available to draw.

added service I get from the bank, never asked for it.

if the cheque were to bounce then they would be debited against my account.

What a silly statement. Who do you bank with ? Would they let you draw on it if your account was empty ? Or do they just trust you ?

Maybe you have a paid overdraft to cover such eventualities. Many a business could be saved if they could draw off a cheque before it cleared ! Your very statement ridicules itself !

You are trying to defeat the object of my argument (waiting days) ! Your answer is silly !

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 23:12 ----------

Last time I cashed a cheque they told me it would be 5 working days, and would probably clear the next Thursday or Friday (I cashed it on a Friday lunchtime), but I checked my bank on the Monday and it was cleared :)

But had it cleared ? When I deposit a cheque is shows up immediately on my account balance, but I have to wait until its cleared (4 to 5 working days)before I can draw off it.

Archived