Would you ring the police if..

Would you ring the police if you saw someone smashing up a pawnbrokers  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ring the police if you saw someone smashing up a pawnbrokers

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • I'd join in - down with usury.

You could use that excuse to sell crack to children though...

If somebody smashed the window of an usurer, there would be work for a glazier...

No the difference is that a pawnbroker is a legal business. Why should some scumbag smash such a shop. I would report them to the police.

Isn't it a legal requirement for these companies to 'clearly' show their interest rates and exactly how much it's going to cost you? Surely nobody has one of these loans without being fully aware of the consequences?

Yes, it's called Small Print.

Sometimes it's so small that one has difficulty reading it.

Pawn shops serve a purpose, they give credit to people who need it when the banks wont, allow them to get some quick money for goods & the second hand market is something to be encouraged. Stop reading propaganda & look at how things really work. Some of my best buys have been from pawn shops. They're not lying to people, the terms are clear & people are free to accept them or not, for people to use them they must be better than the alternatives. Hurting pawn shops is hurting the people that use them, think they'll write off everyone's debts because you smashed a window, or put their margins up to cover the increased cost?

Put it this way chem, if I saw someone smashing your windows would you like me to report it?

Absolutely, all it takes is empathy. No matter how much you might not agree with the concept of pawnbrokers, the main fact is that some poor human being is going to be devastated when confronted with the damage.

I don't like religion in general, and the Mormon church in particular because I think it's a cult, but I felt angry when I saw their church at Norton had been stripped of all it's lead a few years ago. All I could think about was the trauma and upset that the poor people had to contend with. I hope the people responsible were caught, even though I also hope the membership of the Church fades to nothing.

Put it this way chem, if I saw someone smashing your windows would you like me to report it?

Aye, but, if I had done something wrong (say mugged an old lady, or deceived and ripped off a mentally challenged person), then I think people would be justified in smashing my windows and for others to turn a blind eye.

Archived