Drop in child asthma. Vindication for smoking ban?

Hardly pointless. I now go to the pub or restaurant and enjoy a pleasant smoke free evening. I really don't care what you think because your denials won't alter a thing. Making up stories is only helpful if you can get others to believe you.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

no, the reports pointless not the smoking ban - the smoking bans a good thing, making up figures and claiming a fact isn`t a good thing.

I have read it. Nobody has said "this news is blatantly false". Nobody has denied it.

I am, but I`ll be generous and say the authors of the report hadn`t considered enough alternative options for the same result before publishing their made up figures.

no, the reports pointless not the smoking ban - the smoking bans a good thing, making up figures and claiming a fact isn`t a good thing.

No one is making up figures. It is just you not wanting to believe anything that disagrees with your point of view. Like I said before I'm not really bothered whether smokers want to believe them or not, as long as they don't want to stop me walking past them on my way into the pub and explain the error of my ways.:hihi:

Your take on the English language is clearly different from the rest of us.

Clearly. :rolleyes:

I am, but I`ll be generous and say the authors of the report hadn`t considered enough alternative options for the same result before publishing their made up figures.

I doubt their figures are made up, but questioning the conclusion isn't awful. Why did the prevalence of asthma grow from relatively low percentages in the late 50s? People smoked and the cities were filled with smog for a long time before that.

There is also an element of developing diseases like asthma that is related to not being introduced to microbes and bacteria. The body doesn't develop the same immunity that one finds when surrounded by muck.

I think you will find they are if you actually read the thread.

I am rejecting the conclusions.

This is page shows how many people smoked up to 2005 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4709394.stm

This shows how many people have asthma now http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/in_depth/asthma/aboutasthma_index.shtml and I'm trying my hardest to find asthma figures from the 70s.

From my own memory there were 2 others in my year at junior school circa 1983-87 out of about 60 kids, also worth noting how smoking was dropping at the same time yet numbers of asthmatics were on the up. Surely the numbers would drop ?

Of course the smoking ban is a good thing but as parents will still probably smoke in the car or house, where the kids will sleep and breath in smoke. I'd love to see how they conducted this survey.

I am rejecting the conclusions.

This is page shows how many people smoked up to 2005 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4709394.stm

This shows how many people have asthma now http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/in_depth/asthma/aboutasthma_index.shtml and I'm trying my hardest to find asthma figures from the 70s.

From my own memory there were 2 others in my year at junior school circa 1983-87 out of about 60 kids, also worth noting how smoking was dropping at the same time yet numbers of asthmatics were on the up. Surely the numbers would drop ?

Of course the smoking ban is a good thing but as parents will still probably smoke in the car or house, where the kids will sleep and breath in smoke. I'd love to see how they conducted this survey.

Central heating and double glazing.. Very good for keeping you warm. Not so good for allowing ventilation.

Archived