Gas bills + cost

Hey Is anyone spending a fortune on gas bills?

We prepay with those cards and seem to be putting loads of money on yet not having the warmest house. I know its cold.

Just wondered whether people were paying out a lot on gas. Electric seems to be a the same all throughout the year.

Prices have gone up (I'm with eon, mid jan they went up, in time for the snow!) and this past week I've put £45 on my meter ( no debt or previous tenant debt) compared to my usual £15. I expect to put an extra £10 a week on during the colder times, but not an extra £30 :(

A lot of factors creep in like the state of your boiler,or if you have single riadiators or loft lagging ect.It all goes to make a difference..

That does come in to it but I have had the cavities done, loft insulation, I have new windows and doors (a year or so old) plus I had a full heating system fitted not long back, all double rads on a valliant ecotec running at 24kwh which I thought to be the perfect rate... Still I suppose you can't put a price on your kids being nice and warm :)

As of November my annual gas spend was £24, this fell to £22 in December and has now fallen to £19.

Pretty soon I will be making a profit off of the gas, what with the dual fuel discount and nectar points.

Turn it off, make them lower their prices.

Archived