Gas bills + cost

As of November my annual gas spend was £24, this fell to £22 in December and has now fallen to £19.

Pretty soon I will be making a profit off of the gas, what with the dual fuel discount and nectar points.

Turn it off, make them lower their prices.

What's your electricity spend on an annual basis ??

What's your electricity spend on an annual basis ??

£240, probably going to rise to about £280 this year though. I've been careless and left things on stand-by, also started using the chest freezer again.

I should probably switch to the economy tariff, that would bring it down a bit more.

£240, probably going to rise to about £280 this year though. I've been careless and left things on stand-by, also started using the chest freezer again.

I should probably switch to the economy tariff, that would bring it down a bit more.

So you don't heat or cook with gas. If so, it's not surprising your bill is so low.

Chem give us a clue then. How do you manage it? I have a family to cook for (electric cooker gas hob) and a house to heat (gas combi boiler = my only means of hot water.) an I have a tiny crap electric fire. So how do I keep my kids warm and hot food in their tums? :)

That does come in to it but I have had the cavities done, loft insulation, I have new windows and doors (a year or so old) plus I had a full heating system fitted not long back, all double rads on a valliant ecotec running at 24kwh which I thought to be the perfect rate... Still I suppose you can't put a price on your kids being nice and warm :)

This is true gina! Anyways just for info ect.I live in a 2 bed house which is a new build.It has all eco mod cons i.e solar power for water/combie boiler/rads with the venty thing in the middle and got the lagging.Our duel fuel has just gone from £60 per mth to £72.This is to allow for the rise in fuel.Now some think that's pricey.Im not sure? But I know you pay a higher rate for a card/token meter.Could this be the cause of the high usage and cost?

Archived