Gas bills + cost

i wouldnt mind but we dont have the heating on all the time. and if we are cold we have a open fire. Do you leave your heating on over night? we do on low at the moment as we dont want the pipes to freeze. We have quite a big house so I suppose it depends on the size of the house. but prices seemed to have jumped up in the last month or so even tho we are on fix and fall!!

Whatever !!

So how is your gas bill so low?

I don't put the heating on, it's as simple as that. The flat is currently 10.5C and I don't feel cold. If I ever do feel cold, I just do some exercise, lift a few weights and what not.

What I despise is the heat, I'm not too keen on summer, and will most likely end up getting AC this year or the next.

Visiting elderly relatives is what I refer to as a trip to Barbados (as the heating is always on, even in Summer, above 20C all year round!). And whilst they complain of being cold I have sweat dripping from me.

even with having a bath or shower would run to more than that for a year,i take it you go visiting people alot

Don't assume that I use hot water all the time. Only in winter do I use hot water to bathe, and even then not always. When I go swimming, I'll end up having a warm shower.

The year previous I did have hot baths a lot, but the year just gone I had made a new years resolution to keep my gas bill below £20 for the year, and I succeeded.

Today I had a cold bath for example.

Don't assume that I use hot water all the time. Only in winter do I use hot water to bathe, and even then not always. When I go swimming, I'll end up having a warm shower.

The year previous I did have hot baths a lot, but the year just gone I had made a new years resolution to keep my gas bill below £20 for the year, and I succeeded.

Are you sure you are not from outer space, your not human;)

Omg, i'm all for saving water but a cold bath,especially in this weather ! respect man!! Go careful you don' t give yourself pneumonia.

To the OP, we just had a prepay meter removed - it was costing us a fortune :(

Archived