Gas bills + cost

If you can, def change provider. I always change at end of product and save money. Last two times ive switched ive taken really good fixed rate deals, this one was 30 cashback upfront and 100 cashback at end of deal. fair prices for usage too. There is no excuse for sitting on someone's highest tariff, just use one of the comparison websites, easy :)

we are on British gas prepay gas, the daily charge is 25.990 and each gas unit cost 4.520.

We put £35 pound a week on in this cold weather and the heating is on 20 degrees 24hrs a day and cooked meals on gas cooker, room has a fire but we dont use it.

3 Bed semi detached with new windows, cavity insulation, new combi boiler and all new double rads in all rooms.

One thing is that the first 200 and something gas units are double the normal unit price at the start of your individual billing year.

we are on British gas prepay gas, the daily charge is 25.990 and each gas unit cost 4.520.

We put £35 pound a week on in this cold weather and the heating is on 20 degrees 24hrs a day and cooked meals on gas cooker, room has a fire but we dont use it.

3 Bed semi detached with new windows, cavity insulation, new combi boiler and all new double rads in all rooms.

One thing is that the first 200 and something gas units are double the normal unit price at the start of your individual billing year.

I have just switched to Ovo energy, standing charge is 21.92p/day.Gas /unit is 3.3 per kwh.Electric day11.48 /kwh,night 6.24 per kwh.I have not yet had a bill but before I signed I was warned as I had started at the beginning of winter (november) I would be charged 25% extra on the first 3 months d/d,but they pay interest on any overpay.My price per unit all round is less than the previous supplier so I should be OK.

PS there is none of this first 200 units malarkey,one price for gas and one for electric.

When we moved to our current house in 2000 the house was on one of those card meters. They cost far more to use. We were putting £25 per week on the card and it was still cold (in March). The walls were very cold to touch. We had the walls and roof insulated and changed to an prdinary meter. Can't you get them to take the meter out and let you pay monthly by direct debit.

I know my house is a good size but my gas and electric are over £3,000 per year. In a modest detached new build in the 90's I was paying over £80 per month for gas.

Archived