Gas bills + cost

I am in the same boat. I'm with british gas and this is the worst company ever! The pre payment gas metre is horrendous. Even in the warmer months we still pay at least £15 a week on gas! we are getting to the point when me and my OH come home from work we dernt put the heating on as uses far too much money. BG will take the meter out for a £60 charge, but realisticly who has that money laying around these days?

Grrrr rant over.

I am in the same boat. I'm with british gas and this is the worst company ever! The pre payment gas metre is horrendous. Even in the warmer months we still pay at least £15 a week on gas! we are getting to the point when me and my OH come home from work we dernt put the heating on as uses far too much money. BG will take the meter out for a £60 charge, but realisticly who has that money laying around these days?

Grrrr rant over.

British Gas took mine out for free. I told them I would move supplier if they didn't. I moved supplier after a while anyway.

we're with BG, as it was with the 'house' when we moved - they just removed our meter for free. I was chatting with a guy from a different utility company (NPower I think) and mentioned that I couldn't move as I wanted my meter changing and he said that they would remove it for free too - so may be worth having a ring round. Suggest you call BG and have a moan about running out of gas in the middle of the night and having no heating or hot water - even better if you have children etc.

Hey Is anyone spending a fortune on gas bills?

We prepay with those cards and seem to be putting loads of money on yet not having the warmest house. I know its cold.

Just wondered whether people were paying out a lot on gas. Electric seems to be a the same all throughout the year.

No, mine is around £300 a year for heating and water.

So you complain about the gas bills do you, well why not jump for joy when a cold spell like this kills around 30, 000 additional old people, who cannot afford heat. Well that is not true its heat or food, either way we have a good cash crop for the funeral business at this time of year.

We kill through neglect, therefore no one is to blame, they makes their choices don't they, and forget that one day it will be ourselves freezing or starving to death, a bleak choice but a personal choice nevertheless.

Just imagine the young, unable to live it up on their paltry £65 a week, and with more having to pay for a shortfall in rents, let us hope we can crash through the 10,000 a year suicide figure.

So you think you are OK for now, but you too one day will find people regarding you as useless, sooner if you loose you job as we have at least a decade of increasing austerity, for everyone but the super rich and large corporations of course.

The figures speak for themselves, we now have 10,000 suicides a year, of people that just might not be as lucky as you are, and over 30,000 people dieing in this and other cold snaps, which are a yearly statistic. The old are neglected on purpose, its policy we just don’t have spare money to care for our own, we have to buy more nukes, More subs, and ships for war, there are greater corporate priorities. Do not forget to blame the 5000 people about to be sacked by the army as they suffer too from economy cuts, and why not wonder how many will be dead within the year, as they have been turned, and will be turned through the media and prejudice into benefit fraudsters, spongers, as we the successful £20-30 a week spenders on central heating, look down on them as losers. It’s a game of spite very familiar on this forum.

Archived