Living with AIDS

Some of my posts have been deleted ???

You seem to be cursed with friends and acquaintances who seem to have some very bad luck to some degree...good for them you are around, it must be very taxing for you outside your own family life.

Bob seems to have gone quiet recently..good of you to keep us informed. Why not invite yourself and him to an SF meet? Could have a tremendous effect on his morale.

I hope you get in touch Bob ... ((hug) ... We will try and give you things to make you laugh .. you should hear what I've got to have done on Wednesday ... I'm not putting it on here, but I'll tell you by e mail ! :)

Keep strong, you have more people for you than against, and you have come across such a supportive forum here.

Love and hugs, Karen.

Family can be wierd, they're the people who should support you no matter what but often they are less tolerant than friends. Once family turn their back they find it hard to come back from that, because it means admitting they are wrong and no matter how much they might regret their actions they still don't change it. It's their great loss and unfortunately their lack of understanding has kept them from coming back to you.

I hope you can get some peace of mind but I hope too that you find some enjoyment and support from all the people who have contacted you on here. I'm new here too and was pleasantly surprised by the comments made by some very lovely people. Take care

Family can be wierd, they're the people who should support you no matter what but often they are less tolerant than friends. Once family turn their back they find it hard to come back from that, because it means admitting they are wrong and no matter how much they might regret their actions they still don't change it. It's their great loss and unfortunately their lack of understanding has kept them from coming back to you.

I hope you can get some peace of mind but I hope too that you find some enjoyment and support from all the people who have contacted you on here. I'm new here too and was pleasantly surprised by the comments made by some very lovely people. Take care

I totally understand what you're saying but if my child or relative was dying there wouldn't be ANYTHING to keep me from them, and I'd bet thats the same for most people. Unfortunately, theres a small minority who seem to think pride is more important than love, and its so terrible. I might not like some of the things my relatives do, but I will always love them and for me that is worth so much more than admitting I was wrong or backing down on a decision.

On the plus side, like you I think its heartwarming that so many people have come forward to offer help, love and best wishes. I hope Bob sees this and knows that there are people out there who will offer support and love no matter what, and I hope he finds comfort in that.

Wow poor guy.

As a mum who very recently lost my 20 year old daughter on the 6th Jan to a rare degenerative disease I cannot believe how his family have treated him!I was her carer and it was exhausting and I lost the plot on more than one occasion but my daughter passed away peacefully in my arms looking into my eyes.I still have a lot to forgive myself for,but your family will have to live by their actions and guilt will get them in the end!

Sorry for your loss, Blondie. I know you kept us updated when you could about how Sophie was getting on. My thoughts and prayers are with you. And bless you, for contributing to this thread when you are dealing with your own grief and loss. XX

No parent should outlive their child! :(

Archived