Missed bin collections

scargill

I have actually contacted my councillor asking for a reason why my bin was not emptied, and my road not gritted...

3 days later and I have yet to receive a response from my councillors - can't wait for the Star to pick this one up...

Yes it could make the nationals.Every councillor should have a printed list of bins in their ward and make personal inspections,especially in snowy conditions.

Yes it could make the nationals.Every councillor should have a printed list of bins in their ward and make personal inspections,especially in snowy conditions.

If you'd bothered considering the situation before being poorly sarcastic, my point was;

Why have our bins not been emptied, the snow fell last weekend, they have had plenty of time to catch up on the backlog - perhaps they can't get down our road because it has not been gritted...

Why has a gritter not been down our road in 6 days now?

Why do councillors not respond to contact from their electorate? Not even an acknowledgement?

Now, have you read through that? - good - now puck off and get a snowball in your head.

If you'd bothered considering the situation before being poorly sarcastic, my point was;

Why have our bins not been emptied, the snow fell last weekend, they have had plenty of time to catch up on the backlog - perhaps they can't get down our road because it has not been gritted...

Why do councillors not respond to contact from their electorate? Not even an acknowledgement?

Now, have you read through that? - good - now puck off and get a snowball in your head.

It is possible to answer your questions but as they relate to trivial,self-centred issues,they do not merit serious attention.For the same reason councilors do not respond to silly requests preferring to focus on issues affecting a significant section of their ward.

Seriously?

You ask seriously in what way?

Lack of response, or the Star?

We all know the Star report on the opening of an envelope...

---------- Post added 26-01-2013 at 15:36 ----------

It is possible to answer your questions but as they relate to trivial,self-centred issues,they do not merit serious attention.For the same reason councilors do not respond to silly requests preferring to focus on issues affecting a significant section of their ward.

So the fact that the council are not emptying some of the bins or gritting some of the streets in my ward doesn't merit attention?

And are they trivial? What about the potential safety issues through bins not being emptied? and the accidents due to lack of gritting.

I think it is you that is too self centred, considering that these don't affect you, so why should anyone else be interested...

Again, go away and play with the buses...

Have you checked that you're on a road that should get gritted?

Our road hasn't been gritted in 21 years, nor have most of the side roads in the area.

You ask seriously in what way?

Lack of response, or the Star?

We all know the Star report on the opening of an envelope...

---------- Post added 26-01-2013 at 15:36 ----------

So the fact that the council are not emptying some of the bins or gritting some of the streets in my ward doesn't merit attention?

And are they trivial? What about the potential safety issues through bins not being emptied? and the accidents due to lack of gritting.

I think it is you that is too self centred, considering that these don't affect you, so why should anyone else be interested...

Again, go away and play with the buses...

Au contraire,we have full bins and an un-gritted road,so you must retract the comment.If it worried me I would deal with it,but in time the council will address these issues.

Archived