Missed bin collections

scargill

Emptied in S10 this morning - credit to them for doing it on a Sunday and tackling the backlog - I wonder how many posters on here would be happy to give up a Sunday to do a Monday-Friday job if they found their office/ shop closed midweek?

So what if they didn't smile

is that a dig at my comment? i only said my neighbor smiled at one of them and they completely ignored him, its not our fault they have to work on a sunday because of snow! so why be funny with us? its called being polite when someone throws a smile your way and it costs nothing to give one back! :rant:

Emptied in S10 this morning - credit to them for doing it on a Sunday and tackling the backlog - I wonder how many posters on here would be happy to give up a Sunday to do a Monday-Friday job if they found their office/ shop closed midweek?

So what if they didn't smile

Will they not have got overtime for working on a Sunday?

Ours got emptied too this morning which was much appreciated. Didn't see them so can't comment on whether they were smiling or not.

Do you suggest the bin men WALK to get your bin, wheel it away on foot to the recycling centre/tip/wherever, then walk back, get your neighbour's bin, and do the same?

Why do I have the feeling that you'd be moaning about stupidity of attempting to collect, had a bin lorry skidded on snow and trashed your car?

Oh, and I regularly walk 3.5 miles to work in all weathers. And I'm not late. Shame on your LAZY husband for not getting his backside out earlier - as you say, snow is no excuse for people not to do the work and hours they are contracted to do!

Please calm down :loopy:

He has to make the twenty minutes up that he was late. Why do I get the feeling you have no life at all and are probably the kind of person the OP is describing in this thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111096&highlight=forum+bullies

No bin collection here, they were only due on Friday so I dread to think when they might get here :/

When we had the snow on Friday my husband walked 3.5 miles into work at 8pm at night for a shift starting at 10. He was late. He got to work and fulfilled his contract though. Snow doesn't make the world stop and it shouldn't be an excuse for lazy people to not get out to work and do the job they are contracted to do!

The bin men are fulfilling their contract but have been constrained by the weather and applying common sense,avoiding accidents.Your husband did well to get to work in the snow-he took a long time to walk under 4 miles.This shows how extra time is needed in snow.

The bin men are fulfilling their contract but have been constrained by the weather and applying common sense,avoiding accidents.Your husband did well to get to work in the snow-he took a long time to walk under 4 miles.This shows how extra time is needed in snow.

I'm not very good at estimating distances lol. He walked from city road to Penistone road. Maybe a bit further?

And can I please have a weeks rebate in my council tax? I think we all understood the 1 day delay in bin collections but its not 5 days since I put our bin out and its still full.

Bad enough you took it to fortnightly collections as my council tax rose but this is taking health and safety a touch too far if bin collections seem to be not made unless its above 12 degrees C and sunny.

Pretty poor form. Its been a lovely late winter's day today but everywhere is just full of litter and bins blown over by the wind.

nice.

Archived